DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

This weekend´I´ve been driving around with a big smile on my face. Why? -Becuse I´ve found a new friend for the Triuses!

The tiny guy to the right of the Trius is actually a very compact "ribbon"-design, that gives a lovely shimmering touch to everything above 7 kHz. (mmm, strings sound soo good) Can´t say it better then the wife did: "Now it is sounding like music!" :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
wow, FINALLY a small format ribbon...or is it a planar? Who cares, its tiny :p

so where can us international folk give these drivers a try? :)

PS a little OT but i also have some direct info from LCY that a car audio version of their famous ribbons will be released next year...found this out some time back when i ordered some replacement faceplates from them but forgot to mention them earlier for some reason

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We get them from an italian company, EB Acoustics, and I have no ídea on availability in the states. I´ve been searching for something like this for quite some time, and only just found it. The price for them is around $200.

·
Registered
164 Posts
hehehe i thought it looked like yamaha too!

I sent them an email...we'll see what they say....hopefully it'll be in english heh :D

rbsarve, thanks again for the heads up. Mini planars are almost impossible to find!! Opens up a new world for car audio without the compromises of crazy big mofo tweeters! Until these came along the smallest planars i ever came across was the one from the Sony XES component set. FWIW, they sounded lovely, and were pretty damn small, but not nearly as small as this, and probably a lot more expensive, not to mention probably impossible to find seperately, & brand new or used

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
i'd really doubt 2way use....the pdf for the driver said 7-30k, which is really high usable frequency range you would need a nice dedicated midrange to go up that way, or using something like the FR125 or something, or WR125 to be able to go low enough and up high enough to use as a 2way...but then your still missing your whole <200hz region with any authority.

I'd think it would be best suited to 3/4ways......Or use as an ambient tweeter. Up high somewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts