DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
I thought it would be a good idea to run a backup camera, and do a bit more sound deadening in the hatch of my GTI. That turned out to be a huge pain in the ass, and not worth my time at all, haha.

I may try a couple new tunes, but we'll see. Realistically though, I'll end up taking something else apart in a couple of days. I do need to rethink my tweeter mounting, so that'll probably be next.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been taking advantage of it to run a backup camera today and did the rear doors. I don't think I would have ever touched the rear doors but what the hey...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Its been pretty consuming the past couple weeks, time to turn the news off and make some sawdust. Who else is working on there car in the down time?
I'm doing a little brake work, 4 new calipers and some stainless braided brake lines, and a new power steering pump. Maybe some audio stuff next week.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
After a week of rain, I washed the car this afternoon. I need to install front and rear cameras in both of our vehicles so will probably do that soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Getting the garden set up for planting, then when my mobile toys a pillars and door sail panels come in, stereo install.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
After a week of rain, I washed the car this afternoon. I need to install front and rear cameras in both of our vehicles so will probably do that soon.
Funny, I just installed mine front and back, too. I have two more to install for an almost 360 degree coverage. ;)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I've managed to get a lot done on the Volvo install, if all goes to plan I might actually have it up and running by Monday. Washed the cars, been kayaking a bunch, tiling one of the bathrooms and getting a vegetable garden ready. Thinking of finally clearing out the garage over the weekend as well, been putting it off for a while. The weather being glorious is making working from home tougher than usual, especially with the kids and my wife home.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Uninstalled stuff In my daily driver to find new homes in preparation for my new install for another car.

Still need to do some work on the DD so it'll be ready for a new driver (16 yr old niece) cabin air filter, clock spring, oil change, trans fluid change, seals, etc...

I agree with everyone else, ever since Sept. 11 this 24/7 news cycle is just too much. I feel like its information overload and extremely redundant.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Going to store.
Take a nap
Cleaning up the interior of all vehicles
Take a nap
Going to ride mountain bike in the mountains behind the house
take a nap
Taking the back deck out od daughter car to find an annoying rattle
Take a nap
Take a nap
Get upeat supper
Take a nap.
Get up and go to bed. Lol

irronically, I was thinking about installing a rear camera in the 4Runner but then said “nah”. Only to look on here and everyone seems to be installing cameras. Crap, guess I’ll have to get one. Lol.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
Everyone is doing cameras! I guess it's one of those low priorities that everyone has time for now.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Exactly. I made a new bike rack this week and I thought about putting a camera in to make sure I don’t hit anything when backing up. I can’t see it if the bike isn’t on there. Lol

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
True ^^^

·
Registered
98 Posts
You guys suck. I work construction so I haven't had extra days off. 😫
I hear you I'm in food distribution. Hate working but at least I will keep getting paid.

If I had idle time I'd be working on my kitchen and bath remodel or body work on the old truck or........

1 - 20 of 32 Posts