DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I was going to install a rear view camera in my car before all of this... But now I don't want to spend the couple hundred $ on it.... Money being kind of uncertain right now 😕

Shouldn't really spend anything on the truck stereo now either 😕 I swear, only a few days before this Corona BS kicked off, I had a good chunk of cash I was getting ready to dump on my truck electrical system... Then bam ! $hit hits the fan ☹ Oh well. At least I had a few extra $ going into this.

Getting lots of stuff done around the house though. Plus we have been going out for nature walks and such. Not a problem for social distancing.🙂 Enjoying the time off of driving though 😊

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I hear you, if I didn't already have the equipment going into the Volvo, it would be on hold until things are back to normal. My wife is out of work because of this, so we're down to a single paycheck and so not spending money on anything that's not essential right now.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nothing is open, watching the news now is like eating glass so time to do some serious sound deadening. Fixing a blurry backup camera too
I would be curious to how you fix the blurry backup cam. I swapped out my stock head unit going that would help, but it's definitely the camera. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm slowly but surely getting my install done on my 2014 Silverado. So far I have my deadening about 80% done, installed a Kenwood double din, made my amp rack, and installed/wired up the sub. I'm still working, but when the wife works I'm able to take the time off to be home with the kids since the grandmas (babysitters) are taking a break for the time being.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
The slowdown finally allowed me to install my front sound stage and amplifier. I got my front speakers brand new in the box over 2 years ago. LOL

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I hear you, if I didn't already have the equipment going into the Volvo, it would be on hold until things are back to normal. My wife is out of work because of this, so we're down to a single paycheck and so not spending money on anything that's not essential right now.

I'm in the same boat... Fortunately, I have everything I need to finish my build too, so if/when this lock down gets even more serious, I'll still have some fun work to do. :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have a 3 projects that I took on almost a year ago and alternate between them so each car might get worked on one day a month so I’ll just knock those out if shit hits the fan then I’ll do a build log of the complete redo of my car, all in time for this years meca/iasca season.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
The other day I saw on the nextdoor website about people that use 3d printers to make medical related accessories (not life saving equipment, it's just little accessories ok). I have my printer going and will give away when i have some of these little accessories/parts.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I built a new T-line box yesterday for my 2 8's. Now i just need to let the rain stop so i can put it in my car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Decided to finally install sub and amp in the wifes Impreza. Some old school gear I had in the shed, VDO Dayton 2ch amp and Kenwood 12" DB+ sub. Still work in progress and no access to carpet or linings so won't get finished until after our lock down

21 - 32 of 32 Posts