DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just picked up an old 87 bmw 325i convertible that had mint interior except for the headunit install. looked like it had the wrong mount kit and some of the speakers were out.

i've never been a big audio guy but i like stuff to work so i dropped it off at my customers shop to have a basic HU installed and the wiring gone through to fix the dead speakers.

when i went to pick it up the installers kept asking me what i was going to with the old HU which made me a bit suspicious. so i told them i was puttig it my trunk and asked why they were interested.

they started talking about how it had an all copper casing and was in near mint condition. it's a alpine cda-7949 with matching alpine amp and cd changer/shuttle. perfect working order and no scratches on the screen...

so i guess im that guy that almost dumps a nice premium HU for a basic crappy entry level one with aux imput....

but now i swear the sound quality is no where as good as it used to be. guess the audio bug bit me and im going to sell the alpine to fund a new set of components and better HU.

whats it worth? two sold on ebay this month for 200... should i sell it with the alpine amp? or sell them seperately?

thanks

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
It's better off in the hands of someone who knows what to do with it, honestly. I would sell the head unit and amp separately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, im definitely going to sell it off to someone that cn apreciate it more.

im looking for a nicer sound system now though...

can anyone reccomend decent 5.25 components that are fairly shallow? nore more then 2.25"

also, who has good blackfriday deals online?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will soon as i get enough post

Post pics! It's been a long time since I've seen one of those hu's.

stickers show production date 1998...

i've got the matching remote, cd shuttle, and amp as well. got it up on craigslist to see if anyone needs a good quality deck

·
Registered
615 Posts
yea, im definitely going to sell it off to someone that cn apreciate it more.

im looking for a nicer sound system now though...

can anyone reccomend decent 5.25 components that are fairly shallow? nore more then 2.25"

also, who has good blackfriday deals online?
just google "black friday" and most of the top results will be deal aggregate sites.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts