DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatsup guys,
This is my first post here. I have been reading the forums for a while now trying to learn as much as I can. Any suggestions and help you guys have would be greatly appreciated. I want to learn as much as I can.

So in a few months I will be purchasing a new 2012 honda fit sport and want to have a really nice SQ system inside. I wont be able to afford everything all at once so it will be bought and installed and increments. So far I have chosen a HU, Processor, and Sub. The HU will be the alpine ina-w910, processor most likely will be alpine pxa-h800, and sub will be morel ultimo 12. Im kinda lost as far as what speakers and amps I should get.

Obviously front speakers are what I should focus on but, its a 6 speaker car. Do I just leave the other ones stock? do I unplug them? do I hook them up to an amp? If I really only need to worry about the front stage then my budget for the amp and speakers is $1000 MAX. If I could, I'd like to spend less. I listen mostly to metal and rock so a big wall of guitar, drums, and kick impact are very important. Id like a component set that really shines in this department.

For the sub I've found these 3 amps

KS 1000.1BX - ARC Audio

KS 1000.1 - ARC Audio

FD 1200.1 - ARC Audio

whats the difference between the first 2? Would any of these be a good choice for the ultimo? What are some good amps for this sub in the $450-$600 range. Im even open to used so if its a more expensive amp that can be found used in the price range, that would be cool.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Anyone?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Where are u in Florida?
To answer your questions:
The difference is the module that works similar to bass restorer.
And you don't want to use the foose amp, it's not the same performance wise as the KS's
The situation would warrant using the deck to power your oem speakers in until u use amplification,The processor is useless until then.

If it were me, I would take a listen to the arc black 12, it may be just what's up your alley as far as sub performance.
Also, the FIT can really use some sound deadening.
PM if u have any questions!

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts