DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and I'm no noob but not a professional so help would be great.
I have a kenwood exelon head unit with sub, front, and rear preouts and speakers running off the internal amp. with gains properly set the alpine amp dies at a high volume the speakers off my head still work as well as my sub. When the amp dies it still has 13.81 volts and the light stays on so it is not "dead" there is just no speaker output. I have checked every electrical connection "power" is no issue. I tried disconnecting my rear outputs and slammed my system... No issue, reconnected the rears and it dies when slammed. My rear speakers test at 4 ohms, I have the rear gain low and now it will not shut off
So I've narrowed it to something in the rear rear amp channel, rear speakers, etc... My few theories are rear terminal transistors at the amp, if too low of a frequency at the rear speakers may cause this... Any help would be great... Exact specs below:
Kenwood head unit
4 speakers ran off head unit
Kicker dx 1000
2 dvc kicker cvx 10"
Alpine mrx f30
Kicker qs 6" (in front)
Kicker ks 65 in rear
2 extra interstate batteries for each amp (yes all connections and voltages are good)

·
Registered
11,999 Posts
sounds like it is going into protect. is there a protect light or does it just stop playing?

just because it shows 13.8V on a DMM doesnt mean it doesnt sag below operating voltage long enough to kick in the protection circuit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's possible since I don't have analog but it hardly moves, it stays very consistent on the dmm, it won't protect until 11 volts and it's not going close. The alpine manual has no information on the protect modes, my understanding is there is no idication if it does go into protect but I'm pretty sure it is in protect I just don't know why? Thermal is out of the question, it's not hot and it happens just at that particular volume... I could have it a notch lower for hours, come back when it's cold in the morning and the second it gets that loud BAM, no sound blue lights still on and the amp has the same voltages at power and ground

1 - 4 of 4 Posts