DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I cannot seem to find any information on these drivers. The model naming convention is similar to the European Alpine product lines. Npdang, you have any interest in testing these?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I used to own a set back in 1998 before they got ganked from my car along with my USD Pro 10 subwoofers :( Yes those are Dyn made speakers. Wanna sell them?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
BTA said:
Looks like Morel to me.
Whacha talkin' bout Willis?

Those are a mirror image of the Dynaudio mw160gts I have in my truck at the moment...

Dyn is on the left

now on the right

in some door pods I built along with the md100 tweeter

in the same door pod but vinyl covered and finish intall

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AzGrower said:
I used to own a set back in 1998 before they got ganked from my car along with my USD Pro 10 subwoofers :( Yes those are Dyn made speakers. Wanna sell them?
I might sell them. I am still toying around with all sorts of setups. I just bought some Dynaudio D52AF dome mids but they are huge (5.7" face, 3.1" depth) and I cannot find a place to install them. So right now I am looking for some Morel MDM55 or MDM56 Dome mids and the MDT41 Tweeters (all about that Hextech). I am planning to use these as the midbass for the setup but I would like to compare them to the Seas P17REX that I am currently running and some Seas L18s. Maybe some pro audio woofers too (if I can find one with a depth less then 80mm).

Do you have anything you want to trade... like those 3" DLS domes? ;)

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
BTA said:
Looks like Morel to me.
That's because Morel's a cheap Dynaudio knockoff! (Not that the 17W75 is a particularly good driver to begin with.)

Morel never produced (TTBOMK) in Denmark. I believe their plants were in the UK and Israel, along with possibly Switzerland. (Or maybe I'm just thinking Switzerland because a Swiss company called Macrom imported their stuff for a while.)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I wouldnt exactly call Morel cheap, especially compared to some other better offerings which happens to be cheaper than Morel... ;)

·
Registered
578 Posts
If I could call Morel anything it would be too damn expensive... Their stuff isn't bad... but you definitely need not spend their asking price for good sound...

·
Registered
415 Posts
racerraul said:
If I could call Morel anything it would be too damn expensive... Their stuff isn't bad... but you definitely need not spend their asking price for good sound...
i dont think he was talking about the price... ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Morel seems to be having some quality control issues lately. Or so I've heard.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I like these mids but they are too small for my application. I guess $100 shipped would be a good price for these. I have a pair of 8" Dynaudio woofers, which were pulled from a Volvo (they are specially made by Dynaudio for Volvo) that I would like to sell $220 shipped.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
All of Volvos line uses Dyn designed speakers...also, the higher class Volkwagens do too.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AzGrower said:
All of Volvos line uses Dyn designed speakers...also, the higher class Volkwagens do too.
Correct. These 8" drivers are part of an audio upgrade package for the V70/S70 Volvos. The parcel shelf mounted 8" woofers list for $219 each.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts