DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in here ever owned an Alpine 8080 alarm? I'm thinking of buying a NIB 8080 and need to know what to expect of it out of the box? What add-ons are needed etc.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on, some of you old folks on here should remember something about this alarm! This might need to be turned into a WTB thread! Anyone have any add-on modules or accessories for the Alpine 8080?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use to sell and install them back in the 90's, cool remote otherwise I would not recommend it, compared to some of the new stuff out these day Its a dinosaur , the main unit is a HUGE if its cheap under say 75 maybe, I think I still have the install manual.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use to sell and install them back in the 90's, cool remote otherwise I would not recommend it, compared to some of the new stuff out these day Its a dinosaur , the main unit is a HUGE if its cheap under say 75 maybe, I think I still have the install manual.
Too late my friend. Got it for my old school install. Along with some add-ons.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remote was cool..the one I had the brain was finicky..
Where did you have the brain mounted? Manual says not to have them near a heat source. Thinking of either in the center console or in the trunk.

·
Registered
33 Posts
very cool alarm has built in back up battery charger and many outputs. has alarm out to use with any of the alpine alarm pagers. it interfaced with alpine telephone back in the day and would call a number if alarm was going off. only bad side to the alarm is all those dam relay you have to use to get stuff to work.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very cool alarm has built in back up battery charger and many outputs. has alarm out to use with any of the alpine alarm pagers. it interfaced with alpine telephone back in the day and would call a number if alarm was going off. only bad side to the alarm is all those dam relay you have to use to get stuff to work.
Relays? Ya, I'm waiting on a shipment as I'm typing! Love it so far!

Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
you can call me rick i have the orginal alpine factory install book
i can send it to you but you have to send it back

i can also tell you all the tricks of this alarm easy

i have installed ALL alpine alarms

8030a
8030b
8070l

and have ALL alpine factory install books and is factory alpine alarm trained

who is Da mann - ME lmao !!!

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you can call me rick i have the orginal alpine factory install book
i can send it to you but you have to send it back

i can also tell you all the tricks of this alarm easy

i have installed ALL alpine alarms

8030a
8030b
8070l

and have ALL alpine factory install books and is factory alpine alarm trained

who is Da mann - ME lmao !!!
Damn Scott, forgot you were Da Man in Da Day:)

I probably should update this post huh? The alarm is installed, I have everything hooked up (Hood Switch, Starter Cut, Motion in the Trunk, Door Locks and Unlocks, Glass Breakage, LED's and Velet switch)

Next process will be hooking up the Windows which brings me to a question. Is the Alpine 8341 Window modules a must for this function to work properly or will any standard 30/40 amp SPDT Relay work?

·
Registered
279 Posts
A relay will not work correctly
A wi Dow mod is the best way it has saftey Limiters build in
In case of a bad window or someone hand in the window it will notice the
Extra amps the motor is asking for and stop

Plus a window mod takes a pulse to work like a latching relay

Can be tapped to the orange wire (starter kill) and one of the aux outputs
And get tricky if you diode in the purple negative out on full alarm
You can arm the system - hit aux roll down the windows - when the alarm
Is set off the windows will roll up !!

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello eisnerracing, I know it's been a while but I was wondering if by chance you still had that Alpine 8040 alarm for sale? My email is prodicaldude12-bus at yahoo.com. Thank you
Good Luck, I haven't seen anything of Scott on here in ages!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

I'm also looking for this specific remote control so if anyone has a spare one, please let me know ([email protected]).

I guess it's not possible to sync it somehow with another (easier to find!) remote in the market right?

Thank you in advance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts