DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a CDA-9853 from a guy on CA.com/Caco (I am new to this forum but not to audioz). I am trying to gear up and switch from SPL (Meca S1) To SQL for the next season. I have been running active with the xovers on my amp, but obviously that wont cut it. Decided to cut my losses and grab an older active deck (Always enjoyed my 9855s). When I got the deck it ate my CD and now I am in a huge hastle with the member.

The deck made some awful grinding noises and sucked the CD in, doesnt recognize it. I pulled the top cover off the deck and the CD seems to be loaded on the spindle. It wont eject or attempt to. The face slides down.

Anyone have any insight, worth repairing, or should we just ditch the deck?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Considering you will spend over $100 including shipping to send this off to Alpine to get it repaired it's not worth repairing it. Try your best to return it to the seller and get a refund, and shop around for a 9855.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I figured :( I got the CD to eject, but when I try to put a CD in it now, the face folds down, makes awful noises from the CD motor and then closes immediately when i stick CD in -___-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts