DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently scored a 160gb ipod classic 7th gen off ebay. I recently had a 6th gen that broke and bought this as it was listed for parts with a broken click wheel at the same price of a used a 80gb. It was listed as a 6th gen but found out it was actually a 7th. I know for sure 6th gen classics work.

My question is has anyone got a 7th gen ipod classic to work with the full speed connection cable? It will charge it but the stereo just says searching. Maybe I broke my cable as my friend accidentally sat on it and I no longer have my old nano to check that. If it for sure isn't compatible I'm down to trade for a 6th gen 160gb of equal condition.

Thanks guys.

· Registered
176 Posts
I don't think the newer iPod works.
I still have an older iPod connected.
And it will be sad if I ever have to replace it with a newer one.
I like being able to search for music through the head unit.

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your ipod a 6th gen and what firmware?

Looks like im gonna have to buy another unless alpine has some type of update for the 9887. Does anyone know if there is any type of plug that bypasses the ipod DAC like the full speed connection but has a left and right rca or headphone jack?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.