DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, but I've been in the hobby since the '80's. I just installed an Alpine INE-W960. I use the USB port as my main source with USB 3.0 flash drive. The unit "fades in" every track it plays. Volume starts about 6dB low and increases over the first second or two of the tune. It does this with every file I play. When I play the files elsewhere they start at normal volume. Files ripped with iTunes or Windows Media Player on Windows 7 or 10. Alpine and Crutchfield have no clue. Anyone have any ideas? TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
How long have those issues been happening? I have the same head unit and my unit no longer works with my IPad mini 2 when plugged in via the USB cord. Now, if I want to stream Apple music from my IPad, I have to use Bluetooth or it's find another media source. Mind you, It used to work flawlessly a few IOS system updates ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been doing it pretty much since it came out of the box. I got dbPowerAmp to re-encode all my MP3s with an additional second of silence at the start. Thankfully, it will do batches of files, so I didn't have to go one-by-one. Just a workaround.
Because of the terrible interface (tap Folders and it goes straight to album folders, skipping artist folders; tap Artist/Album then it plays in alphabetical order), I'm switching to Media Monkey on my Android and going Bluetooth.
Afraid I don't have any suggestions for IOS. I'm sure Alpine tech support will be useless. They were for me. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts