DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a build thread on my F150 started...it's been a piece at a time build, I had the head unit installed a few weeks ago and I'm still using the internal amp from the Alpine CDA-117 on my factory speakers...Later next week I'm going to be doing the full install of my amp and new HAT unity speaker..My question is for someone who knows the 117...I know you can turn off the internal amps...is this a setting or a switch on the physical unit..if it's a setting where is it?

Thanks- Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent! I did see that in the online manual, but it's a bit unclear...thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a question for you...can I turn off only the Front amp outputs and still use the HU to power my rears without sniping the wires of course.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nope it's not possible. You can only turn them all on or off.

You can use the HU to power the rear speakers and use an amp for the front speakers at the same time. Yes the front channels will still be on, but this shouldn't cause any issues since they wont be used.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Whats the benefit of turning the HU amp off if there is no speakers hooked up to it? Does it still try and send power through the wires causing the HU to heat up? So you are just avoiding the HU amp from getting hot?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Whats the benefit of turning the HU amp off if there is no speakers hooked up to it? Does it still try and send power through the wires causing the HU to heat up? So you are just avoiding the HU amp from getting hot?
Pretty much, it also helps prevent noise from coming through the RCA outputs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts