DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I cant figure out crap on this deck lol no manual to be found online either.
I figured this be the one place to get help.

1 how do you turn the AUX on? I bought a cable for my ipod but cant figure how to turn it on lol

2 how do you turn sub off and on?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had this deck back in the day and to get my Ipod to work, I had to get an Alpine adapter (KCA-801b) which interrupts the Ai-net signal and allows you to pipe in your Ipod (or other MP3 device of choice). Also had to install a two-way rocker switch to activate it.

Check pacparts for this adapter, if it's still available.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The bass/subwoofer output has a trick to it. Check youtube, some guy posted a vid showing how to turn it on and off, I have the manual but no time to check it right now.

I'll email it to you, pm me your email.

Oh I had one and it was pretty sweet, but hated the fact that it took so long to read CD-R's. And no CD changer meant CD in CD out all the time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had this deck back in the day and to get my Ipod to work, I had to get an Alpine adapter (KCA-801b) which interrupts the Ai-net signal and allows you to pipe in your Ipod (or other MP3 device of choice). Also had to install a two-way rocker switch to activate it.

Check pacparts for this adapter, if it's still available.

Good luck
Here is what i bought for it
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

The bass/subwoofer output has a trick to it. Check youtube, some guy posted a vid showing how to turn it on and off, I have the manual but no time to check it right now.

I'll email it to you, pm me your email.

Oh I had one and it was pretty sweet, but hated the fact that it took so long to read CD-R's. And no CD changer meant CD in CD out all the time.

pm sent and ill check youtube thanks

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
FOR SUBWOOFER OUTPUT
STEP 1.Press and hold the PWR button for at least 3 seconds.
STEP 2.Press the F2 button repeatedly to select "SUB.W." Each press of the F2 button changes the modes as shown at left.
Note:If you press the F1 button the display scrolls in reverse sequence.

STEP 3.Press the <<DN or UP>> button to turn on or off the output to the subwoofer amplifier.
Each press toggles between the ON and OFF modes.

Notes:
· Initial mode is "SUB.W. OFF".
· Set to the "SUB.W. OFF" mode unless the subwoofer is used.
· When the subwoofer is turned on, the subwoofer output level can be adjusted.

STEP4.Press the PWR button to set the selected mode.

FOR AI-NET
Follow all steps as for subwoofer ouput, but in STEP 2 instead of "SUB.W." select "D.OUT.".

OH and don't forget to click the "THANK YOU" button on the bottom right hand coner of this post.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol clicked

this would explain why the f2 button is wore off lol.
but hey i cant complain i got this thing pretty dang cheap and only the f2 is wore off :)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I had two and sold them, I like the SQ and BlackOut Mode but hated the way it took forever to load CD-R's and I never really about using the AI-NET with an Ipod player.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually when i got it i threw in a cd-r to see if it worked took like 5 sec and it started pllayin. but heck i doubt ill ever use cds there so yesterday im to mainstream for that lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok found the d. out setting but how do i get it so it goes there now lol

i can get it to tuner and cd. i cant get it to shuttle ai-net

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Not sure since I never used it but am assuming it has to detect some type of source from it before showing up on the source menu.

So I would turn the device on and plug it while playing music and press "SOURCE" button.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so I think I got it.
There is a pink wire in the harness. INTERFACE this needs to be grounded via a toggle switch, so you can turn it off to listen to radio or cds,

Also I shut the mute off for AUX and the INTERFACE.

Thanks for all the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts