DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the option of purchasing either head unit and am curious as to SQ. I had the DRZ and loved it. I've never ran the f1 status 7990. any opinions on the comparison? I'm leaning towards the Alpine but could use some knowledgable opinions as to sound.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I have had them both. I did a comparo and preferred the 7990, along with 2 other people. The sound had a tad more texture. Both are excellent. The main problem with the 7990 is the display. You tend to have lines go out. I guess it depends on how old the face is.

The DRZ does have some processing while the 7990 has none.

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
It depends what you want. Are you using it as just a source? Both actually have very nice transports and DACs regardless. I would say the DRZ, I personally like the solid feel of the DRZ and prefer faces that don't have to flip out

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
It depends what you want. Are you using it as just a source? Both actually have very nice transports and DACs regardless. I would say the DRZ, I personally like the solid feel of the DRZ and prefer faces that don't have to flip out
The face on the 7990 doesn't have to flip out. :confused:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I loved my DRZ but was planning on using the f1 with my changer and the ms8. How would either of these decks fair with the ms8?

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
The face on the 7990 doesn't have to flip out. :confused:
my mistake but the point is still the same due to the removable face....IMO more movable parts = more problems in the future

I loved my DRZ but was planning on using the f1 with my changer and the ms8. How would either of these decks fair with the ms8?
There would be no difference if you are using the MS8 as the DSP. Basically just transport/DAC difference and the aesthetics of the units

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Just like my DEX-P9, have to change the bloody cable after few years of using.... And now got some burnt pixels......

Anyway, CDA-7990 to MS-8...... No comment on this.... I still prefer CDA-7990 to PXI-H900 or PXA-H700/701 or PXA-H800.....
If I were in your situation, I'll just use back the DRZ and call it the day... May consider adding USB or iPod adaptor to the DRZ....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts