DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both of these, and cannot choose for the life of me. Sentimental reasons say keep the Eclipse but I am just not sure.

Has anyone actually A/B'ed these decks? I do run active 2 ways with it.

Thanks! I am sure these questions get annoying.

Evan

·
Registered
100 Posts
forget about that 8volt preout. i had one and i didn't like it that much. that deck was kinda tricky to use and i think the alpine 9855 you got would be a much better deck. i think that alpine 9855 deck can do active but the eclipse 8443 can't. also the 8443 was the model under that 8445 which was the high end eclipse deck. i thought there wasn't much difference between the 2 so i bought the 8443 and that was a big mistake. keep that alpine deck. it's alot better.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forget about that 8volt preout. i had one and i didn't like it that much. that deck was kinda tricky to use and i think the alpine 9855 you got would be a much better deck. i think that alpine 9855 deck can do active but the eclipse 8443 can't. also the 8443 was the model under that 8445 which was the high end eclipse deck. i thought there wasn't much difference between the 2 so i bought the 8443 and that was a big mistake. keep that alpine deck. it's alot better.
Well, it does do full active. That is the way I was running it before. It also allows separate parametric eq over the tweeters/mids/woofers which the alpine doesn't.

The only difference between those two decks was the balanced outputs if memory serves.

Evan

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, I miss my 8443 so it is going back in after cleaning the lense for the lazer. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
17,148 Posts
yep, even though I have a '55... stick with what you have.. you know it, and the alpine DOES have wimpy ass preamp outs... like the 4V is running down hill with the wind against it's back.....

Don't get me wrong I like mine but your's has more and you will not like Glide Touch at all.....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chad, I currently own both. I have been using the alpine for about a year now and generally use a ipod plugged into the aux in so I avoided the glide touch.

I may swap decks tonight, I am kinda stoked about it honestly.

Evan

·
Registered
17,148 Posts
LOL I do the same thing... the only time I use that damn bar is when tuning!

I'd like to add that the buttons rattle on my 9855... bad.......

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Turns out it is still ridiculously humid/hot outside... so maybe the deck install can wait a couple days. lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts