DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is as complete a set as can be found in this price range. I have been checking Epay and the junk being sold there doesn't include all cables and remote.

This set was given to me by the original adult owner who has gently used it over the years.

It is in perfect aesthetic and functioning condition, no issues with the monitor, no dead pixels or problems with monitor jamming as is common with these older Alpines.

Set includes all necessary interconnects/plugs, full function remote, 6 disc CD changer w extra cartridge (store 6 additional CD's, ready to play, just switch cartridges) flip out 7" display, and control unit. The control unit has 4 speaker outs with built in amp with 40 x 4 RMS power.

I am asking $300 plus shipping OBO.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Best offers fellas, the signal quality on this setup is killer. If you have a processor, this can be an awesome setup on the cheap.

I am motivated to sell, will not refuse any reasonable offer.

Open to trades.

Need a serious 4 way (8 channel) processor to handle XO EQ and Delays for Kenwood DDX7015 or any other HU.

I am also looking for a .05 ohm stable amp that has 3KW RMS power such as the Sundown SAZ3000D. I will obviously throw some cash into the pot to make a deal like that happen.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump for a great unit that cost a pretty penny circa Y2K.... Oh the memories....
LOL!! Yeah, markup on this set was well over $1600.00

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
will it accept ipod?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure.. It has 2 aux inputs but I don't know if that means it supports Ipod. Good question, will have to look into it..

In the meantime, if anyone can chime in on that one, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lunchtime bump.. Anyone?? I am using this on my test bench and the signal quality is awesome. With the right processing, would make for a nice setup.. Work truck? Secondary vehicle? Daily driver? GF car? Kids first car??

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is that the changer with the optical output? Sell it separately?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lunchbump

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
L8 nite bump.. So far, have 4 happy members that purchased equipment from me, will vouch ImJustJason, WRX/Z28, Vermithrax, and a new member that purchased the A404.2, (forget his Diyma name).. Now let's get this skunk off the boat (as one member put it) for the remainder of my quality gear!! NEXT!?!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No one interested in a killer OS setup? Makes for a solid foundation, awesome signal quality. Get a display cheap, no reasonable offer refused..

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'll ask again...as I guess you overlooked my post. Is that the chaner with the optical output? Sell it separately?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll ask again...as I guess you overlooked my post. Is that the chaner with the optical output? Sell it separately?
I thought I answered that question. I will not separate the package. Thanks for the inquiry.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This setup does not have a DVD player but has a host of auxiliary inputs that will easily allow use of an external DVD device, some of which can be had for pennies on the dollar. To the best of my knowledge, it need not be an Alpine DVD player..

As for processing, this setup has very little to speak of, but the internal amp in the brain unit makes a very stout 40x4 and it is clean dynamic power, not the same type of amplifier section found in single din HU's.. The signal quality of this setup is excellent, if you have external processing, this can make a solid foundation for a Video/Nav?display source unit, Alpine quality that has stood the test of time, can be had on the cheap..

Forget touch screens, they go bad after a while and try cleaning one after touching it with greezy fried chicken eating fingers when on the go!!

I am open to reasonable offers..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
$250 shipped anywhere in the US. Surely this has to be worth something for someone out there?

I guarantee everything works 100% with no issues. No loose or frayed connects, no jamming of monitor, nothing erratic or unusual.. If you've got a nice processor to go with this, would make for a great setup in a work truck or daily driver..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nice....thinking about it.....

It's an older unit so you are more than likely one of many that are privileged enough to have heard this in a good setup at one time or another..

If not, you'd be surprised at what can be had for mere pennies on the dollar.

The signal quality is excellent, it is upper tier Alpine, has that signature Alpine sound. The amp in the brain unit is actually pretty potent, a legit 40 x 4 with much more dynamic power than a typical HU amplifier. Great for tweets, midrange, rear fill, or depending on your application might do your comp set just fine...

I **** you not, this setup is 100% perfect.. It has been 1 adult owned since new, has been gently used and well cared for, 100% perfect working order.

My cousin is the original owner, he paid over $1600 for this brand new. He gave me this setup in exchange for helping him install an updated DVD Nav setup, I have never used it, been in my closet ever since.

He actually just about changed his mind after we installed his new setup (Pioneer Avic something or another)

After about 3 hours of tweaking, I finally convinced him that the Pioneer was worth the effort, he reluctantly agreed as much (we both knew the Alpine sounded light years better)

I put in a lot of sweat equity as I really wanted this setup..I originally helped him tune this setup in his accord. The system consisted of Alpine comps front and rear, 2 OS Alpine 4 channels bridged, an OS Kicker ZX amp powering a pair of OS Fosgate 12's (RFP-1212, killer subs, anyone remember those?)

Without any delays implemented, the sound was still very nice, incredibly dynamic sound for what it was.

My trader points are coming in, plus I have an exemplary Rep on Epay, 150+ score, 100% positive feedback generated from sales which are all top name brand car audio, big ticket items, no junk, not ever, and not a single complaint...

Epay user ID is Eggstersampsandstuff if you want to check it out.

This setup was among Alpines upper tier products at the time of purchase, it has stood the test of time and will make for one happy buyer.

This is the last sales pitch I will throw out there regarding this setup.. Truth is, if I wasn't this bored, I wouldn't have bothered going to all this length and detail as I really don't need to sell this anymore ( my horse finally came in)

Awesome deal on a setup with serious signal quality, nice picture, plus plenty of room to expand and the optional units available for this are plentiful and cheap on Ebay...

Last bump.. If it doesn't sell soon, I will end up keeping it. I'm sure I'll find use for it..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts