DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had the alpine cda 9856 installed for months now and it seems to have been fine till yesterday. when i turn the volume to 16+ the sound cuts out and only my subwoofer is playing, when i turn off the deck and turn it back on the sound comes back, is it a shot amplifier in my deck??

·
Registered
115 Posts
hmmm...it sounds like you deck's amp is going into protection from current overload. It could be the deck itself, or the install. Did you DIY or have someone else do it? Check the install and if it's ok, I'd say try to send it out for repair.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i installed it myself, it is not my first install, ive done about a dozen, im going to check the wiring again but i think its right. 15 is not loud at all i have had it way louder for countless hours i just dont understand, and i do not feel like dropping money on amplifiers or a new deck

·
Registered
636 Posts
What speakers do you have hooked up and in what configuration?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have 6"kickers in the front, 5x8?(cant remember specific size) pioneers and 5 1/4" pioneers wired parallel off the rear pioneers. and 2 mtx 12s with kenwood amplifier, i sort of overlooked the extra resistance cause i was hopeing that was not the problem but i guess it could be

·
Registered
47 Posts
5 1/4" pioneers wired parallel off the rear pioneers. and 2 mtx 12s with kenwood amplifier, i sort of overlooked the extra resistance cause i was hopeing that was not the problem but i guess it could be
that's kinda important. It will work for a while, but eventually your head unit will get cranky.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so do you think my unit has **** the bed or will i save it by using an external amplifier for the speakers?

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Take the 5.25" speakers off and try it again, the deck is getting hot or going into protect, it does not like 2 ohms ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts