DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys yesterday I heard the Alpine’s e Demo Vehicle that’s currently in Pontiac Michigan, it featured the X series Components and X series 12 inch subwoofer as well as components were ran active using the PXE dsp with X series Amps and I must say it blew my mind with how great it sounded while still using factory locations.

If anyone was every thinking about that line of speakers I think they would be pleasantly surprised with the performance achieved out of speakers that don’t cost premium prices.

What was also impressive was how they showcased the trunk with something simple and usable while still being able to show off what they have.

If it’s in your area ever I recommend checking it out as well as I inquired if they were going to be adding a midrange to the line up to make a 3 way component set out of the reps that were there I got two confirmations saying it’s in the works and close to releasing apparently. So exciting news for those that like alpine or those just looking for a good set of speakers without getting into the $1k range!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
looks to be a clean install. over the last few years, I have not been that impressed with alpines speakers. The subs have been good, but not blown away by the comp sets. I would assume the pxe dsp and great tune are doing most of the heavy lifting in this case

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks to be a clean install. over the last few years, I have not been that impressed with alpines speakers. The subs have been good, but not blown away by the comp sets. I would assume the pxe dsp and great tune are doing most of the heavy lifting in this case
The subwoofer was definitely the stand out piece and the dsp I top would assume is what made the system sound so great but I was still surprised at the amount of mid ads that the midwoofer was capable of.

·
Registered
18,257 Posts
is this the one with 6.5's and tweeters in the pillars?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys yesterday I heard the Alpine’s e Demo Vehicle that’s currently in Pontiac Michigan, it featured the X series Components and X series 12 inch subwoofer as well as components were ran active using the PXE dsp with X series Amps and I must say it blew my mind with how great it sounded while still using factory locations.
Is this a current gen 4Runner? If so can you describe if they were using stock locations for the components? (i.e dash mounted twitters firing up to the windshield)?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is this the one with 6.5's and tweeters in the pillars?
No this one is using the factory locations for the front stage it was installed in a Toyota 4 Runner.

Though for all the speakers to be in the pillars sounds interesting.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the stock locations were tweeters firing into a windshield and the midwoofers low in the door in the factory location.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes the stock locations were tweeters firing into a windshield and the midwoofers low in the door in the factory location.
Interesting. Would love to hear this car and the soundstage they created. I have a 4Runner and I'm currently deciding between a traditional component setup with tweeters (active though) or with 2.5-3.5 widebands/full range in the stock location that can be crossed low (firing up to the windshield).

One thing that frustrates me about Alpine and other larger vendors is the lack of technical information about their speakers, even their top of the line (crossover points, Xmax, frequency response, etc). The "Tech Specs" section for their speakers is pathetic. For example, I can't find the crossover info for X series (6.5 nor 6x9) since I'm interested in active setup.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting. Would love to hear this car and the soundstage they created. I have a 4Runner and I'm currently deciding between a traditional component setup with tweeters (active though) or with 2.5-3.5 widebands/full range in the stock location that can be crossed low (firing up to the windshield).

One thing that frustrates me about Alpine and other larger vendors is the lack of technical information about their speakers, even their top of the line (crossover points, Xmax, frequency response, etc). The "Tech Specs" section for their speakers is pathetic. For example, I can't find the crossover info for X series (6.5 nor 6x9) since I'm interested in active setup.
Best thing you can do imo is reach out to Alpine to see if they’ll give you specs.

I would not recommend going with a fullrange sans tweeter I’ve only heard two set ups that way and they definitely sounded off like something was lacking.

Though from what others recommend it seems going with a 3-way component front stage is superior than a two-way and if you do a bit of reading on the matter it does make sense as to the benefits you gain from going with one.

I personally have a two way and won’t be switching to a 3-way until I have 1) the money 2) the ability to try to build my own or know someone that has the ability to build it. 3) A car that I believe is more fitting to have a nicer set up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts