DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
8 channel output. Last 2 channels can be bridged for 200 watts mono to drive a sub. 31 band peq per channel as well as selectable crossover type. Interesting!

6 high-level inputs for OEM system integration
6 analog Pre-Amp inputs (RCA) for aftermarket head unit connectivity
1 digital TOSLINK/SPDIF input
Up to 8 speaker outputs with high power rating
110dB signal-to-noise ratio (digital input)
Channel separation > 75dB
USB Device input for DSP setup by PC
Wireless connection with separate module (amp setup) for PC only, or wireless audio streaming (smart phone or PC))
Class-D amplifier with fully digital audio path
ADCs by Burr Brown
Remote app for iOS and Android with basic control functions (Master level, Sub level, Preset recall, source selection)
Pre-amp output (copy from channel 8, for external sub woofer amp)
AMP

BurrBrown A/D conversion
Full digital audio path
High output power capability
Total power 700 Watt RMS at 4 Ω
100 Watt per channel at 4 Ω
120 Watt per channel at 2 Ω
200 Watt at 2 Ω (2 channels in parallel mode)
Advanced diagnostics for each output channels (shortcut, overheat, clipping)
Start-Stop Engine compatible
Load Capability: 4 – 2 Ω
Parallelized output supported
DSP

Latest Analog Device chip (ADAU1452)
Up to 8 speaker outputs with independent adjustable output level
Independent or linkable setups for all output channels
Delay on each channel up to 14,57ms, 0.01msec steps
30-band Graphic Equalizer per channel with configurable frequency, Q (from 1 up to 15) and Gain (-10dB /+10 dB)
Digital X-Over for each channel (HP, LP, BP) 6/12/18/24dB/30dB, type of filter (Butterworth, Bessel, Chebyshev) selectable
Phase Inversion (0,180)
Master Volume (0 – 42dB)
Sub control (0 - 15 dB)
Possibility to save/load up to 6 presets on DSP
Settings can be secured by certificates
Free adjustable analog routing (example: channel mixing for center channel or 3-way input signal)
EQ ON/OFF possible (for each channel)
Delay grouping for easier TCR adjustment (up to 4 groups possible)
TCR ON/OFF for each channel possible
TCR help calculation for beginners
Overview page for all settings
Live monitor (for battery voltage and amp temperature)
Turn ON by signal or wire
Alpine RUX-KNOB2 ready (master volume or sub level)
Additional gain on analog input (+6; +9db ). For sources with lower pre-amp level than 2 Volts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
that's cool! does it have pass through outputs on all eight channels if you don't want to use the internal amp on some things?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure but 100 rms per channel and if you use digital input it's burr Brown and stays digital until the output stage of them amp. I mean each output can be lowered to match lower rms speakers. Or to one loc to get more sub power from an external amp. I'm thinking an iPad with toslink output and you're golden. A true digital signal processor all the way through the system with no conversions taking place until the conversion and output of 100 rms into a 4 ohm load... I mean geesh what more does a guy need????!?!?! And it's really freakin small too. Wow.... I'm impressed! Looks like alpine knocked it out of the park with this one!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clipping indicators... holy sheet man.. look at the specs. Can be controlled with a rux knob for volume. Why haven't we got this here in the states first??

·
Registered
454 Posts
Very cool. Wonder if we will get it here in the states.

that's cool! does it have pass through outputs on all eight channels if you don't want to use the internal amp on some things?
Doesn’t look like it. Looks like there is a single RCA out for channel 8 for sub duty.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
oh damn, great for quite a few but wouldn't work for me

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah but the other channels are 100 rms at 4 ohm or 120 at 2 ohm.. I could seriously shed about 35 pounds out of my ride and have a better system. The big thing that got my attention was with a toslink input you have only one digital to analog conversion taking place.. And with 6 channels of 100 watts. That are fully adjustable as far as power output with 8 ohm drivers that would make for one hell of an sq setup. And it's the size of one amp.. I think they have a winner with this setup.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
"Pure Class-D technology

The Alpine DSP amp uses Class-D amplification technology: this means once an analogue input signal is converted to digital, it remains fully digital throughout the entire processing and amplification stage. With Class-D technology, an amplifier can reach much higher efficiency - meaning less heat production and therefore a much smaller heat-sink. This results in a very small, compact housing, that can be easily placed somewhere in the vehicle (205mm x 150mm x 50mm)."

Must use one of those new bit to voltage converters. :icon_bs::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Very cool. Wonder if we will get it here in the states.

Doesn’t look like it. Looks like there is a single RCA out for channel 8 for sub duty.
Holy smokes, this looks perfect for me. 100 rms on all channels and sub rca to run a larger class d for my sub duty. On my Volvo I could tap into the factory amp under the seat and run to this unit. My car has fiber optic running from the dash to the amp. The only option was to tap at the amp and gain a full range signal. Factory doors contain a 3 way set and rears in the passenger doors. I want to upgrade the front 3 ways, possible replace the rears and add a sub, this dsp covers all my check marks. Now the question is when can we get hands on this thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know if the master volume remains adjustable from the head unit once this device installed (as with the JBL MS-8) ?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Does anyone know if the master volume remains adjustable from the head unit once this device installed (as with the JBL MS-8) ?
It says the RUX-KNOB2 can control master volume or sub volume. I could see running a second Alpine amp for sub duty with its own KNOB2, which would then give you master and sub volume control. Of course, an outboard head-unit would also give full master volume control.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
It says the RUX-KNOB2 can control master volume or sub volume. I could see running a second Alpine amp for sub duty with its own KNOB2, which would then give you master and sub volume control. Of course, an outboard head-unit would also give full master volume control.
I would also like to know this for sure. I would much rather use my factory head unit volume knob. I guess I just want clarity on can use head unit for master volume vs have to use knob for master volume like many other processors make you do? I dont believe my factory head unit give any volume dependent equalization which is usually the main reason other processors make you stop using the factory knob.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sigh. If only they had included the center channel upmixer from the PXA-H800...

The line out is a little odd. One processed channel, which is just a copy of channel 8. I take this to mean you can have 7 channels plus a sub out or an 8 channel amp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone tried one of these yet?

I’m close to pulling the trigger on one but would love to hear any views on it and how it would compare to a JL Audio VX8i. Thanks

1 - 20 of 31 Posts