DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the CD Rom for the Alpine H990 processor that is required to use your laptop to make settings.
Any help would be appreciated as I recently bought an F1 System on eBay and the set did not include the Alpine CD rom. Contacting seller so far has been useless, I may have to take issue to eBay.
Thank you.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Working great so far...laptop hooked up well and was able to set crossover points. Next is EQ and then time correction

·
Registered
19 Posts
How did this end up working out?

I have the software installed on my Win7 machine, but it doesn't know where to find the usb<->serial driver so I haven't been able to use it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did this end up working out?

I have the software installed on my Win7 machine, but it doesn't know where to find the usb<->serial driver so I haven't been able to use it.
I used an old Sony laptop that i had which still uses XP.
It works perfectly and I have had no problems with it so far.
Maybe it's the Win7? Try and see if you can dig up an old laptop to try it on?

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I got it working. After a little digging I learned that the company who made the device driver for alpine was called FTDI.

The zip file containing the device drivers for Windows 7 64 bit can be found
here:http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
or here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/800458/CDM20817.zip

Note that I emphasized multiple drivers. You're going to want to unzip the whole file and put the contents into a folder. Then power up your PXI-H990 and plug it into the computer. It will say something like "device driver could not be found", to which you must react by selecting "find driver myself/I have the file/disk/something to that effect", and then point the windows installer to the folder you unzipped to.

In my case, it successfully installed a "USB Serial Port Driver" in the "USB controllers" section of Device Manager. After doing this, it still didn't work, so I was angry. But then I noticed that an 'unknown driver' was still listed under 'com ports' in the device manager. I unplugged the USB and reconnected it and the same dialog came up telling me that win7 couldn't find the drivers. Again, I opted to manually select the drivers and pointed windows to the folder I had unzipped to. This time it installed a different driver, a "USB Serial Converter" in the "Ports (COM & LPT)" section, which created a new com port (COM5 for me).

Then it worked! Finally, I've been dying to try this software.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I got it working. After a little digging I learned that the company who made the device driver for alpine was called FTDI.

The zip file containing the device drivers for Windows 7 64 bit can be found
here:Virtual COM Port Drivers
or here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/800458/CDM20817.zip

Note that I emphasized multiple drivers. You're going to want to unzip the whole file and put the contents into a folder. Then power up your PXI-H990 and plug it into the computer. It will say something like "device driver could not be found", to which you must react by selecting "find driver myself/I have the file/disk/something to that effect", and then point the windows installer to the folder you unzipped to.

In my case, it successfully installed a "USB Serial Port Driver" in the "USB controllers" section of Device Manager. After doing this, it still didn't work, so I was angry. But then I noticed that an 'unknown driver' was still listed under 'com ports' in the device manager. I unplugged the USB and reconnected it and the same dialog came up telling me that win7 couldn't find the drivers. Again, I opted to manually select the drivers and pointed windows to the folder I had unzipped to. This time it installed a different driver, a "USB Serial Converter" in the "Ports (COM & LPT)" section, which created a new com port (COM5 for me).

Then it worked! Finally, I've been dying to try this software.
Wow! Great Job bro! Way to be persistent and patient to get that thing working! I'm sure you will enjoy all the tweaking and adjustments these units offer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts