DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Sonata V6
309 Posts
I think the F1 will be significantly better than anything you have heard or tried…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That could very well be the case, although I doubt I'll ever find out, and I suspect the law of diminishing returns would be solidly in play. The F1 gear costs significantly more than my car is worth! :) But it is always cool to see companies pushing the envelope, and hopefully some F1 tech trickles down into the rest of Alpine's offerings.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
That could very well be the case, although I doubt I'll ever find out, and I suspect the law of diminishing returns would be solidly in play. The F1 gear costs significantly more than my car is worth! :) But it is always cool to see companies pushing the envelope, and hopefully some F1 tech trickles down into the rest of Alpine's offerings.
It usually does… the F1 isn’t for everyone for obvious reasons so those who can get there hands on them more power to them…

I doubt we will see a system in our country… if the HU and DSP can be bought individually maybe I can look at it but right now I think the price will be completely out of reach

Hey who knows…

I am looking to deal on Gen 2 F1 system so maybe I’ll have a F1 setup albeit not Gen 3…

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Sonata V6
309 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about all the F1 offerings - best of luck finding what you're looking for! I'd love to hear an F1 setup, but maybe it's best I don't - I don't want to be bummed out about my rig. :LOL:

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about all the F1 offerings - best of luck finding what you're looking for! I'd love to hear an F1 setup, but maybe it's best I don't - I don't want to be bummed out about my rig. :LOL:
Yeah sometimes it’s better to stay away…lol

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
I read the system is only sold as the system. No buying components. Also only elite/premier Alpine dealers will be able to sell this kit and (maybe) has to be installed by them as well. I read today it's only $22k so now I'm reconsidering! :^)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I read the system is only sold as the system. No buying components. Also only elite/premier Alpine dealers will be able to sell this kit and (maybe) has to be installed by them as well. I read today it's only $22k so now I'm reconsidering! :^)
I saw on there website that each sold individually? Or someone posted a screenshot of the website

·
Registered
393 Posts
The hires player is just the Astell&kern Alpha with alpine logo and sold maybe for the double price...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
The hires player is just the Astell&kern Alpha with alpine logo and sold maybe for the double price...

Looks like you don’t need it as there is a usb input on the HU so you could use your iPhone etc instead…

·
Registered
2,342 Posts

Besides you will find it quite difficult to find audio files at that bitrate so your normal files will most likely be used 99% of the time the DAP is a nice to have not really a must…

From what I am reading…

If the HU has XLR outputs then you could use the HU with something else via the XLR to RCA converter so if you have the DVD F1 or the PXA H900 you can use the analogue inputs on both as well…

I need to see the proper specs and pics on this system - but they did say it’s not proprietary so that means you can use pieces of the F1 but not have to use the entire system…

If that’s true I’ll look to get the HU and add it to my DVD F1 as a media player interface…

·
ROCKY TOP
2,048 Posts
Besides you will find it quite difficult to find audio files at that bitrate so your normal files will most likely be used 99% of the time the DAP is a nice to have not really a must…

From what I am reading…

If the HU has XLR outputs then you could use the HU with something else via the XLR to RCA converter so if you have the DVD F1 or the PXA H900 you can use the analogue inputs on both as well…

I need to see the proper specs and pics on this system - but they did say it’s not proprietary so that means you can use pieces of the F1 but not have to use the entire system…

If that’s true I’ll look to get the HU and add it to my DVD F1 as a media player interface…

I think you have to buy the whole system from what i read, heres what is says on alpines page right here under product information

PRODUCT INFORMATION
AlpineF#1Status is exclusively available for sale as a fully system, components are not available for sale individually.

Thats from alpines website

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Alpine F1Status was never a cheap or widelly avaliable gear, and the same goes for Bewith, Brax and some others. ...life sucks and then you die, lol
This system as a whole is not too interesting to me, would be interested only in player....for processing and amplification and speakers I would rather choose Brax.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Alpine F1Status was never a cheap or widelly avaliable gear, and the same goes for Bewith, Brax and some others. ...life sucks and then you die, lol
This system as a whole is not too interesting to me, would be interested only in player....for processing and amplification and speakers I would rather choose Brax.
I think the new F1 DSP will destroy the Brax DSP sonically. Brax uses very outdated Dacs and surprisingly cheap opamps…

·
Registered
537 Posts
Somebody on fb said they confirmed with alpine USA that these would be sold as separates when I asked if we had to buy the whole package like in Japan.

Crossing fingers…

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Somebody on fb said they confirmed with alpine USA that these would be sold as separates when I asked if we had to buy the whole package like in Japan.

Crossing fingers…
I think it’s bizarre that you can’t buy them separately for many reasons…

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think it’s bizarre that you can’t buy them separately for many reasons…

I know, it’s unamerican. Which is why I think they just might allow us to buy separates.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I know, it’s unamerican. Which is why I think they just might allow us to buy separates.
Just from a replacement point of view it’s incredibly stupid not to mention economic point of view - I don’t believe Alpine wants to limit sales in any way - if they could sell a million units they would - money is money….

I understand exclusivity BS but Alpine haven’t had a SQ anything since the second gen F1…

If they priced it better it would literally take over car audio…

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have information from an Alpine Flagship dealer.... You will not be able to buy anything separate. It will be sold as a complete system only. Retail pricing is set @ 35k and tightly controlled by alpine.

Also, someone else mention using iphone with usb...you cannot use any other device with the HU other than the DAP sold with the system, it will just not work... Not sure if other Astell&kerns will work with it.. maybe. But no bluetooth, no iphones with USB... nothing

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I have information from an Alpine Flagship dealer.... You will not be able to buy anything separate. It will be sold as a complete system only. Retail pricing is set @ 35k and tightly controlled by alpine.

Also, someone else mention using iphone with usb...you cannot use any other device with the HU other than the DAP sold with the system, it will just not work... Not sure if other Astell&kerns will work with it.. maybe. But no bluetooth, no iphones with USB... nothing
That’s interesting - time will tell how successful it will be at that price - I assume $35k is a lot even in the US because it’s freaking ridiculous here converted to our currency…

I would assume the target market is Asia as they have the cash to blow unlike anywhere else - I suspect they won’t sell many in the US even the previous gens didn’t have large sales numbers - the Gen 3 is substantially more expensive and even more proprietary than Gen 2 which was the gripe with that unit…

Guys who have big systems may not want to dump everything at 50 cents to the dollar to spend $35k on a new system… I dunno guys with Brax amps and DSPs and Utopia M speakers at 50cents to the dollar will still need to fork out another $25k to get into a F1 system…

It may be a bridge too far…as a lot of guys like this don’t just buy everything at once which is what Alpine is expecting you to do..

It’s gonna have to blow your mind to write that Cheque for $35k…

·
Registered
537 Posts
That’s interesting - time will tell how successful it will be at that price - I assume $35k is a lot even in the US because it’s freaking ridiculous here converted to our currency…

I would assume the target market is Asia as they have the cash to blow unlike anywhere else - I suspect they won’t sell many in the US even the previous gens didn’t have large sales numbers - the Gen 3 is substantially more expensive and even more proprietary than Gen 2 which was the gripe with that unit…

Guys who have big systems may not want to dump everything at 50 cents to the dollar to spend $35k on a new system… I dunno guys with Brax amps and DSPs and Utopia M speakers at 50cents to the dollar will still need to fork out another $25k to get into a F1 system…

It may be a bridge too far…as a lot of guys like this don’t just buy everything at once which is what Alpine is expecting you to do..

It’s gonna have to blow your mind to write that Cheque for $35k…

It’s a novelty - and an “f-you” to America.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
It’s a novelty - and an “f-you” to America.
I would not go that far… if it has the F1 badge it’s pinnacle of modern tech involved.

It’s just so unattainable for audio enthusiasts… when car audio crossed a certain price point guys start going to home setups because the gains are higher…

For $35k you can really buy a decent home setup… usually car setups sort of start to tail off after $10-15k - 99% of the car audio setups are below a certain price point as home audio starts to become the main focus…

Considering guys buy there dream setups over years and not in one shot makes the Gen 3 F1 a pipe dream….

All this will do is peak a revival of the 7909, 7990 and 9999 so people will want these setups again when before the Gen 3 have all but being forgotten - the Gen2 competes very well against top tier sources right now at a fraction of the cost…

I tested my Gen 2 combo against my Resolut T DSP and I can’t say one is better than the other and the Resolut T is talked in the same breath as the Brax DSP in certain circles….

If you creative enough you can have every modern amenity in the Gen2 setup as well….

I’ll probably never hear the Gen 3 setup so I guess I’ll have to wait for creditable people on the reviews….

Not that it matters to be honest - I still can’t get one… lol

21 - 40 of 61 Posts