2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed a h700 and RUX unit into my build. I wired it like so -

front outputs - tweeters
front 2 outputs - mid ranges
rear outputs - mid woofers
sub on sub channel
no center

Inputs are a set of rca's from my pioneer full featured deck into input one. no digital inputs yet.

It took me a few days to tweak things, which is why it took me awhile to realize something might be wrong.

I got the cross overs and initial tuning in and the sub is NOT moving, the amp did go into safe mode, its an alpine PDx 1.1000. it tends to do that when im turning the car on and off alot, like im doing when i'm working on stuff. so after a day it cycles out, i got it cycled out and it starts no problem now. but the sub has no output coming from it. i believe i did get it to play once with the 700, so idk why it's not now. i'm in the assumption that this unit is 100% working order and would like to rule everything else out before i try thinking about that.

i checked the initial setup, rears turned on, center turned off, sub turned on. crossed over at 71hz, with 24 slope.

I don't see wha ti'm doing wrong, the unit was a bit confusing for me, so perhaps i'm sitll missing something but I'm not seeing it.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
check and make sure you dont have a crazy high HPF on the sub (SSF) I am not sure if the alpine will let you do that or not, but worth checking.

after that, its on to troubleshooting :)

pull the RCAs off the sub out, pull the RCAs off the H700 input and connect your sub amplifier dirrectly. if that works, then you know the H700 is the issue. (doesnt mean it is broken, but it might be a setting issue) if that doesnt work, then you know the amplifier is the issue.

also check the input mode. there is analog input mode "analog 1", "analog 2" and "analog 3" the manual is not real specific on what this changes, lol.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Do you have a stereo pair of RCAs going to your sub amp from the 701? Isn't there a way to switch the center to "sub" so that you can have both RCA plugs going to your amp? If you have only 1, maybe the amp doesn't like it. Just a thought that I remember reading about somewhere.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i found that setting, i set it to input one. i got most of the filters set prettye easily once i figuired out what was what. everything was starting to sound good than i got to the sub, started tuning it and realised nothing was playing once i set things properly. i'll see if i mixed up my HPF with my LPF maybe thats what i did XD but the amp works, i knwo it does, i have been running it all year, and i just pulled an ms-8 out and the amp worked fine. it went into that protection mode, but it's done that in the past so i doubt that's the issue, thats mostly due to the 3 ohm load on the amp that it doesn't really like. the ms-8 had mono sub output and thats how i ran it all year, the alpine PDX amps have no problem with mono inputs as far as i know.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm an idiot -_- i mixed up my LPF with my HPF, so when i set them as if they were the opisite, i canceled out the signal. lmao

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
i'm an idiot -_- i mixed up my LPF with my HPF, so when i set them as if they were the opisite, i canceled out the signal. lmao
lol, that will do it. its easy to do. glad you got it fixed ;)

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, that will do it. its easy to do. glad you got it fixed ;)
thanks for the help. i just dropped my new 18 in for testing. :p

baby on board :D

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
*whispers* you forgot the box ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Good news that it was a simple setting mishap. Want to trade your h700 controller for my c701? I am looking for the green/amber illumination desperately...

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill have to look at what color it is. I can't remember blue or green

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ill have to look at what color it is. I can't remember blue or green
It might look blue but illuminate green/amber as well. You change the illumination of it by holding the DISP(bottom right of controller) button in for a second or two until it changes. Let me know, I'd like to trade if you would be willing to.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
will the C701 and C700 swap?

(H700 with c701 and H701 with c700?)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts