DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am new here and this is my first thread post. I have an '06 Silverado ext cab and I am going to be changing my mid/high set up pretty soon. The system in there right now is an Alpine iDA-X001 (the first one), going into an Audio Control Matrix line driver that feeds signal to a JL 450/4v2 and a 1000/1v2. The 450/4 is run to a set of JL ZR 650-CSi components running the 150x2 to the mids and the 75x2 to the tweets through the crossover. The 1000 is on six W3 10's at 2.6 ohms in a ported rear firing box where the back seat used to be. A Kinetik HC1200 under the hood with full 1/0 power ground upgrade, to a Kinetic HC1800 next to the amps. All Stinger Expert 1/0 and 4 ga wire. Stinger HPM level 2 rca's from head to Matrix, Dream's to the amps (just the way it worked out, they were all brand new and free so I didn't complain!!). Four bulk packs of Dynamat, inside and outside skins of doors, double layer back wall and roof. That was alot of info but I'd rather give too much than not enough. The change I'm making is to the front stage (no speakers in rear doors) as I guess I wanted more out of it than I thought I would. ZR's are coming out and Hybrid Legatia L148 will be going in. Tweets in pillar, 4" in kicks, and 8 in door (obviously custom). I will use the 150x2 on the 450/4 on the 4" mids, the 75x2 on the tweets, and will use a 300/2 on the 8's in the door. I am just undecided on the processing. I can either do an IVA-W203 (would be cool because I already have the NVE-P1 package) along with an H701. Or I have the opportunity to get an Audio Control DQXS with the DDC that is in very good, lightly used condition. All I have to do is buy him some Polk home tower speakers that will cost me about $275 shipped through our distributor. Obviously I would have to spend alot less money on the DQXS, but I'm wondering what you guys think as far as pros and cons of each and what would be a better route to go. Thanks!!

Travis

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you BDL for replying, I was starting to think everyone was snobbs because I was new. So yea I hadn't considered the TC side of it. I forgot to mention that I already have that X001 head sold to one of my sisters friends. I will have a 9887 if I don't go the 203/701 route. The DQXS is 3 in 3 out correct? or is it 1 in 3 out, I can't remember, if that is the case then it would cancel out any processing inside the head. Also, I guess it would be unecessary to run the Matrix if I do DQXS as AC parts are all line drivers as well. Not the case with the H701?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm... you make a good argument. I guess the only thing making me lean toward the AC is the price. It's going to cost me somewhere in the ballpark of $650-$700 to get a W203 and an H701, where like I mentioned it will run me in the neighborhood of $275 for AC. We will see, I am going to end up with a 203 or 505 eventually anyways so it may save me in the long run, plus I will gain nav/dvd/bt and will have adjustment through the head instead of a separate controller. So I will have to ponder this for a while...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hmm... you make a good argument. I guess the only thing making me lean toward the AC is the price. It's going to cost me somewhere in the ballpark of $650-$700 to get a W203 and an H701, where like I mentioned it will run me in the neighborhood of $275 for AC. We will see, I am going to end up with a 203 or 505 eventually anyways so it may save me in the long run, plus I will gain nav/dvd/bt and will have adjustment through the head instead of a separate controller. So I will have to ponder this for a while...
I think you just answered your own question! Get what you really want the first time... it will save you more money in the long run.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
The 9887 has TA. At that price get the DQXS. I have the DQS and love it. BTW, the DQXS is 3 sets in and 4 sets out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts