DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Alpine IDA X100 a few years back. It's been sitting for a while waiting for a car I felt deserved it. Last month I bought a 09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I am ready to start doing some system upgrades. I want to put my Alpine unit in it but I have a question. When I used to use it with my iPhone I could control it from the deck. This might sound silly, but I want to plug my iPad in the the Alpine to get the audio to the deck but I want to be able to use the iPads interface to navigate the music. My goal would be to mount the iPad in front of the deck and use it to control everything. Is this possible with this deck and not loose my charging option? Or should I sell this deck and go with another option?

Thanks for your help. I've been out of the industry for a few year and I'm rusty.

Chris

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought one of those when they first came out since I have a big Alpine boner, but it was a waste of money. Worst interface to an ipod I have ever dealt with when it actually worked. Most of the time you would push buttons, hear beeps and nothing would happen.

If I remember right, you have to use the USB connection to retain manual control as the 422 cable turned it into a slave. Problem is that the USB wouldn't recognize 75% of the iPod/iPhones I tried it with. When it did, you would end up with "unsupported format" errors on half the songs for no reason.

Good luck if you decide to try it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was afraid of. It used to be a nightmare to navigate my iPhone from this deck. Any suggestions for a new one? I really like Alpine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I played with the 305, and it was fine for the short time I had with it. That's the only other head unit I've used an apple anything with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts