DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab sport
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive been trying to install my alpine idatalink maestro and an aftermarket alpine backup camera into my daughters 2010 Jeep wrangler and keep getting 2 blinking red leds which means 4 pin data cable isn’t communicating with headunit or ive entered the serial number wrong when flashing. Ive tried re entering serial number a couple different ways and neither seem to work. Also ive got all connections connected to the unit. Ob2 connection is gibing me vehicle info and radio is picking up signal through speakers but its blinking red twice then seems to be shutting down. I’m stumped and would greatly appreciate any help that some of you installers could give about this. I’ve read that alpine serial numbers are 18 numbers and I’ve read they’re 9. Not sure but I’ve tried both and neither seem to work. Hoping that somebody who installs these a lot can help me figure this out. Thanks

· Registered
1,902 Posts
one time i had issues installing my maestro RR.... steering wheel controls were glitching out triggering the wrong buttons... the idata people were no help.. I reprogrammed every firmware and configuration possible dozens of times.. no help... turns out the unit was defective. got a new one and it worked perfect. its been over a year now and its been perfect since..

so who knows I bought it open box.. it might have been damaged by a previous owner. I doubt this happens that often but I would keep the option on the table.. especially if its used or open box.

· Registered
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab sport
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well heck i bought this open Box from crutchfield a week ago so that makes me wonder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.