DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY getting close to installing all my stuff in my old car. I have been debating on running my hertz mille's active. Local shop suggests going with alpine's Imprint system which they claim can be adjusted via a laptop. So if I go this route would I be able to run my speakers active with enough amplifier channels that is.

Setup going active would include
W910 deck
Adcom GFA5475 or two 5275's for the 6.5's (amps would be bridged/mono) 300x2
Adcom GFA5450 on the tweeters & rear 6x9's - 50x4

OR stick with passive & use the 5475 or two 5275 for the front mille components
5275 for rear 6x9's

I have zero experience with imprint. Local shop also claimed (they are doing the install since I can't do a tirewell sub enclosure) they would give me alpine's imprint if I switch to JL's HD amps.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
if they are talking about the PXA-H100, then yes. you have 6 channels of output and you can put it into 3-way mode and run a fully active 3-way setup.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hmm. Not to hijack but how good is the Alpine?? I've wanted to run 3-way active.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Hmm. Not to hijack but how good is the Alpine?? I've wanted to run 3-way active.
I have never used one. but people have measured these and they wont clip even at 100% output.(they will put out full 4V output) they have front/rear/sub OR 3-way setup. they have level control for each channel, 5band graphic OR 3 band PEQ, T/A in 1mS steps, crossover for each channel in 1/3 oct steps. for $125 its not bad deal

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thanks. So the EQ is a little lacking, but it does a 3-way active front and a sub. That's nice! I might have my eye on another processor soon.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Thanks. So the EQ is a little lacking, but it does a 3-way active front and a sub. That's nice! I might have my eye on another processor soon.
no, 3-way active including sub. high/mid/sub

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
its not bad. GEQ is 7 band (thanks for the correction ;) ) and the PEQ is 5 band. the PEQ has ranges (not a true PEQ) but you can dial in center freq, Q and boost/cut. so if you only have a couple trouble areas in your system then it will do the job.

·
Registered
834 Posts
no, 3-way active including sub. high/mid/sub
Thats what I said! lol.

Anyways, I've got my eye on the MS-8 now b/c I think that might be my best option. I don't have time to tune and I don't know what I'm doing or what a quality SQ system should sound like. Maybe the MS-8 calibration knows :D

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Thats what I said! lol.

Anyways, I've got my eye on the MS-8 now b/c I think that might be my best option. I don't have time to tune and I don't know what I'm doing or what a quality SQ system should sound like. Maybe the MS-8 calibration knows :D
ok, just wanted to be sure. you said "3-way front and a sub" that would indicate a total 4-way system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts