DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search, but came up fruitless.

I have an Alpine CDA-9886, the PXA-H100 Imprint module, and the KCA-SC100 Sirius Satellite radio interface module.

All items get daisy-chained together via Ai-Net DIN type cables.

My question is this: Does the order matter? IE...can I run an Ai-Net from the head unit to the center console / armrest area...install the KCA-SC100 Satellite radio module under that console...then run my second Ai-Net cable from the center console to the back of the trunk where I install my PXA-H100 IMPRINT module?

Or...do I have to run from the head unit to the Imprint and THEN to the Sirius box?

I would call Alpine, but they are closed for Thanksgiving + Friday and all weekend, and I want to run my cables today.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I don't think the order or Ai-Net devices matters. Can you do a quick test before you finalize the layout?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the order or Ai-Net devices matters. Can you do a quick test before you finalize the layout?
I am waiting on my Sirius docking station to arrive, so I cannot...so I'll just wait until Alpine is open on Monday to ask unless someone else chimes in.

I think you are right - I don't think Ai-Net order matters, but I want to be sure.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The order of these devices is very important. You have to run first to the KCA-SC100, then to the PXA-H100 or it will not work properly. Also remember that every time you change the Ai-Net chain, you have to reset the head unit for it to initialize properly and recognize all devices. I had a very similar setup, only a different head unit, and a CD changer. If you added a cd changer, or any other AI net device (other than a processor) you plug that into the PXA-H100's second AiNet port.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Once you flip the switches on the deck to " EQ/DIV " , the out on sc100 " black AI net port " goes towards the pxa-h100. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The order of these devices is very important. You have to run first to the KCA-SC100, then to the PXA-H100 or it will not work properly. Also remember that every time you change the Ai-Net chain, you have to reset the head unit for it to initialize properly and recognize all devices. I had a very similar setup, only a different head unit, and a CD changer. If you added a cd changer, or any other AI net device (other than a processor) you plug that into the PXA-H100's second AiNet port.
Once you flip the switches on the deck to " EQ/DIV " , the out on sc100 " black AI net port " goes towards the pxa-h100. :D
Perfect!

That will work fine...I'll run a short Ai-Net cable to the center console into the KCA-SC100, then from the out-port of the SC-100 to the PXA-H100 Imprint which will live in the trunk.

No RCA cables up to the trunk! Winning like Charlie Sheen!

Thanks, guys!
:pepper:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts