DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, no difference. I've got a NAV20 in my truck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the NAV20, and it does have the Alpine logo at the top.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There are no replacement parts for it. I think just to save $100 would not be enough for a throw away unit. It's a Chinese knockoff, it should be priced appropriately. If they come down to China prices say less then 25% of the Alpine price it might be worth checking out but I can't justify spending $400 for it, then tomorrow it breaks and it sits on a shelf in my closet. I wouldn't buy a fake Rolex either unless it was substantially less then a real one. But I've owned a real Rolex and a fake one before, then I've owned Alpine and I know from experience that as I'm driving around I would always know what I've actually got in the dash just like what I have on my wrist. Life is about the experience and I'm going to stick with Alpine and Rolex and Real Breasts. That's just who I am.

·
Registered
755 Posts
There are no replacement parts for it. I think just to save $100 would not be enough for a throw away unit. It's a Chinese knockoff, it should be priced appropriately. If they come down to China prices say less then 25% of the Alpine price it might be worth checking out but I can't justify spending $400 for it, then tomorrow it breaks and it sits on a shelf in my closet. I wouldn't buy a fake Rolex either unless it was substantially less then a real one. But I've owned a real Rolex and a fake one before, then I've owned Alpine and I know from experience that as I'm driving around I would always know what I've actually got in the dash just like what I have on my wrist. Life is about the experience and I'm going to stick with Alpine and Rolex and Real Breasts. That's just who I am.
I don't think that your analogy is accurate, at all. The NAV-20 was for expeditors (i.e. dealerships), it isn't a knock off.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Just google, "problems with the chinese knockoff ina-nav20?"
The only thing on the first page when I googled that was one person saying in broken English something about wishing they had the factory Scion radio.

Here is the back of my W910 box. Notice where it's made written at the bottom?

·
Registered
28 Posts
when i goggled i found people having problems with their rear camera and using thier ipod (on the knockoff version) and there is no evidence the parts are interchangable, im just saying, im going to go with the alpine unit, if you want something nice, its worth a little extra.

·
Registered
28 Posts
when i google i get horror stories like no rear view camera and ipod doesn't work. i havn't seen any evidence that the parts interchange, in fact it's not even listed in the parts catalogs. im just saying. if you want an alpine buy an alpine. anyway, as i had said, if i can get a nav20 for a couple hundred bucks, ok but ive seen people trying to pass them off as alpine for $900! they don't even come in an alpine box.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts