DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
well, i kept my word and went through alpine to locate "mobile sound systems" in arlington and in fact we checked all of the dallas/fort worth area and alpine has no dealers listed under that name or by that phone number. i never received an email from "dave at alpine" either.

i'm not trying to have the last word, im just saying i kept to my word and checked it out. if i missed something, feel free to bring it to my attention (without sarcasism) and i'll be sure to do the same.

also, i know words can be hurtful and i don't have to ask, because i can tell that i've offended and so for that i apologize. i think maybe some of it came from the fact that every time i turn around someone throws the "i work(ed) at alpine card" in my face, so i probably had a knee jerk reaction from that. no has to work at alpine to have my respect. if you love alpine than we are already on the same page..

·
Registered
755 Posts
We aren't an Alpine direct dealer because they force the entire line on the direct dealers. I have worked for two direct dealers, and Mobile Sound Systems is a distribution dealer. This means that we buy what we want/need through the rep firm/distributor for the area, which is Audio Video Marketing in Dallas. Here is a link to their website...

Audio Video Marketing & Products | Home

...call tomorrow and talk to Eric Marsh. I've dealt with him for years and he knows me, although I doubt he'll appreciate the waste of his time. Personally I think it's pathetic that you actually spent your time today to try to prove some point that I don't know what I am talking about, but I guess if you don't have anything better to do then there is something to keep you busy for a few minutes. If that isn't enough for you, I guess I can take a picture of a packing slip from them that has Alpine products on it being sent to the shop as recently as last week. Whatever you want, but you're not going to win this one. You're wrong.

... and who is "Dave at Alpine"?

·
Registered
28 Posts
no, i called, i did my part, now you need to apologize for calling me names (twice) and lying to me saying that you work for an authorized alpine dealer. if you can't do that then i'm done with you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
WOW! I can't believe this is still going. You should know that Alpine would refer you to PacParts.com for any and all installation accessories and parts for all alpine models. That's how it works. Need a remote? Pacparts. Need a harness? Pacparts. Need a cage or a trim ring or an RCA preouts or AV in or out plug? You guessed it, PacmotherfuckingParts.com
LMAO after reading that post, I can't believe this is still going on either but now I am checking in just for amusement....

btw....Alpine source and processing FTMFW! for whoever cares

·
Registered
755 Posts
no, i called, i did my part, now you need to apologize for calling me names (twice) and lying to me saying that you work for an authorized alpine dealer. if you can't do that then i'm done with you.
I'm not going to appologize for you being simple, and I didn't lie. I work or a shop that legitimately sells Alpine products with a full warranty. Don't. Relieve me? I've told you how to find out. I don't have to prove anything to you. I don't give a shit about you. I just want you to stop making false statements about shit you have no clue about.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Straight from the Alpine website - Perfect Fit install instructions for, wait for it... W910 and INA-NAV20! Same document... I suppose Alpine's now just giving install instructions for knock-offs :)

http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/IM_KTX-CMO.pdf

"Included are all the parts needed to install your Alpine INA-NAV-10, INA-NAV-20, INA-W900, INA-W900BT, or INA-W910 Audio Video Navigation system"

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
So did you call Alpine and ask for "Jim" (not Dave) to know if he's lying too? :rolleyes:
His position: Sound System Engineering

Kelvin

PS: crap I'm late for the party :mean:

·
Registered
467 Posts
well, i kept my word and went through alpine to locate "mobile sound systems" in arlington and in fact we checked all of the dallas/fort worth area and alpine has no dealers listed under that name or by that phone number. i never received an email from "dave at alpine" either.
How many people have to tell you it is the same?
<-- Alpine dealer that does show up on the Alpine dealer search.
I have both the Alpine INA-W910 and the IVA-NAV-20 in stock. Same price. Which one do you want? They are the same except for the missing "INA-W910" on the lower right corner of the face.
Mobile Sound Systems has been in the same location since at least the early 80's.

·
Registered
80 Posts
How many people have to tell you it is the same?
<-- Alpine dealer that does show up on the Alpine dealer search.
I have both the Alpine INA-W910 and the IVA-NAV-20 in stock. Same price. Which one do you want? They are the same except for the missing "INA-W910" on the lower right corner of the face.
Mobile Sound Systems has been in the same location since at least the early 80's.
I have the NAV20. Been had it. It works great in all functions. I think F16 may be confused. There were complaints about the NAV10 or W900 but that is a different unit. It came in an Alpine box and has the Alpine logo at top. Further, I have owned the W200, W205 and W505....all excellents units. Since the 200, I have never once had to send a unit in for repair. Without more verifiable information, I've got to advise my fellow DIYMAers to do as they see on MythBusters. MYTH BUSTED! It isn't personal but what you are spouting is not true. It happened to me with regard to some sound deadening techniques I like to use to this day but faced with facts I conceded that the acoustic properties just were unsupported. I still like my methods for thermal reasons but part of my contention was simply wrong, like part of your contention is here. Feel free to check out my build that can be found by searching me. The nav20 is displayed working and still work today as I leave the office to go hop in my truck to go watch some SXSW concerts. Life is too short. It's time to move on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can vouch for salad fingers as a legit dealer of Alpine, hertz, audison, morel...etc and knows his shit.

He and Nick are very honest and upfront guys who are extremely well informed.

Travis,

I know it's been a while but I'm still loving my hertz mille and audison lr5 in my land rover, buddy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
All I have to say is I just bought the INA-NAV-20. I put it in my charger and I have to say I love it. I gave my iXA-W407 to my wife. The INA-NAV-20 fit right in to my car. I didn't change the power cable used the one from the iXA-W407 "didn't want to hook the PAC TR-7 back up again" and it came up fine. Also useing my Alpine cd changer and Alpine Dvd changer both with Ai-NET cable and they work great. If this isn't a true Alpine unit then something is wrong. If it is a knock off then I like my knock off. THE IPod function works great, it's faster than the iXA-W407 was. Also the iXA-W407 would have a little skip in music from the iPod after first turning it on. The INA-NAV-20 doesn't do that. I have notice that the INA-NAV-20 works better in every way compared to my iXA-W407. Not saying the iXA-W407 was a bad product, I just notice that enhancements. My wife loves the iXA-W407 and I had it for over 2 years. I'm posting this for anyone who in thinking about buying the INA-NAV-20. Works great, I love it and would buy it again. Yes I saved a couple hundred bucks and yes I would buy it again.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I can vouch for salad fingers as a legit dealer of Alpine, hertz, audison, morel...etc and knows his shit.

He and Nick are very honest and upfront guys who are extremely well informed.

Travis,

I know it's been a while but I'm still loving my hertz mille and audison lr5 in my land rover, buddy!
Hey Lu!!!! Thanks man, and I'm so happy that you are still loving the system!!

Travis

·
Registered
28 Posts
<WHAT?
<1. "How many people have to tell you it is the same?"
<2. "Alpine dealer that does show up on the Alpine dealer search."

Hello <WHAT?>,
1. I think we can all agree it's not the same, we are just trying to figure out how many different ways... I'm just saying, does it stop with the box? The faceplate? No available replacement parts? or is it the price? Let's see, how about the people having problems with it? Saying it's the same? Come on, get real.. please post something besides rhetoric.

2. I checked to verify and they are not listed on Alpines site under Fort Worth or Dallas stores. Maybe I have the location wrong? Please be a sport and post the link and set me straight.

BTW, never did get that contact info from "Dave, the alpine worker" either. Everyone and there mother is an Alpine employee now and every Alpine knockoff is an authentic Alpine too.

·
Registered
755 Posts
<WHAT?
<1. "How many people have to tell you it is the same?"
<2. "Alpine dealer that does show up on the Alpine dealer search."

Hello <WHAT?>,
1. I think we can all agree it's not the same, we are just trying to figure out how many different ways... I'm just saying, does it stop with the box? The faceplate? No available replacement parts? or is it the price? Let's see, how about the people having problems with it? Saying it's the same? Come on, get real.. please post something besides rhetoric.

2. I checked to verify and they are not listed on Alpines site under Fort Worth or Dallas stores. Maybe I have the location wrong? Please be a sport and post the link and set me straight.

BTW, never did get that contact info from "Dave, the alpine worker" either. Everyone and there mother is an Alpine employee now and every Alpine knockoff is an authentic Alpine too.
Woooow, back from the dead over a month later just to find out that you are still as challenged as before!! Did you even read anything that was posted by anyone but you?

Do you realize that you have still never once posted even the tiniest sliver of evidence to support your claims?

If you can't just take a look at the information that has been provided to you by everyone in this thread and tell that they are the same, then I think you just aren't capable of understanding it. So, if that is the case, will you please just go away for good like it seemed like you had before?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Please, no more rhetoric. If you are listed in the Alpine site as an authorized dealer then post the link from Alpine.com... it's that easy, end of games.

If Jim works for Alpine, let him send his contact information. I'll be glad to spend the time and contact him by phone and come back and post the findings.

<Nasty02M3
Alpines support website address is not "support.alpine-usa.com", it's "http://www.alpine-usa.com/support"

I only brought it up again because people keep challenging me on something I've already proven.

I'm not wanting to rub your nose in it, after all, you are the one who resorted to name calling and all that childish stuff. I'm only trying to get to the truth. That's all, I took the time to investigate your claims and they were false. So, just let it go... and that will be fine with me.

Anyone that googles alpine nav20 will see this posting and your bragging about being an Authorized Alpine Dealer and it only takes a minute to go to Alpine.com and see that you have lied to everyone here... so be a man, apologize and don't do it again and no one will think the worse of you. But to go on and on and on, well, it's egg on your face my friend, not mine.

And again, if I have missed the link, then post it.. we are all waiting...

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
So did you call Alpine and ask for "Jim" (not Dave) to know if he's lying too? :rolleyes:
His position: Sound System Engineering

Kelvin

PS: crap I'm late for the party :mean:
Since you're bringing it back again, did you contact JIM WALTER like I suggested? He even posted in the thread...

Seems like you have a lot of time on your hands and suggest you give Alpine USA a call...

Kelvin

·
Registered
28 Posts
Saladfingers, just to be a sport and show no hard feelings I went ahead and googled as I said I did when we first started talking.

Here is the link-
Hello, I just purchased an Alpine Ina Nav20. The shop I bought - JustAnswer

And if you want to go around telling people that you work for an authorized alpine dealer and you don't mind the fact that anyone can go to Alpine.com and see that you don't, then fine, if you can live with that, then I won't argue with you any more about it, I was just hoping that instead of mincing words or denying what you said, that you would have just thanked me for clarifying your infraction and I would have said, "no problem".

For what it's worth, I'm just a little disappointed. Not at anyone here, but mostly at whoever is actually selling these things on eBay. If it's Alpine, that's fine. But I am not happy that they don't have the Alpine branding and box and the ambiguity of it all and whoever is flooding eBay with these. If they are for dealers to install at their shop and then make a profit, then great! But don't order them and sell them out the back door on eBay. It just goes against Alpines reputation for being the best. It undermines Alpines product and reputation in my humble opinion. While I'm venting, I'm also disappointed when I hear people who just want to "save money". If you want something good, then pay for it. There is satisfaction in getting what you paid for. It's a real issue nowadays. Everyone wants everything given to them and they are not satisfied, simply because, their is no greater satisfaction then saving up for something until you can afford it. Anyway, that's my way of trying to bow out of this mess gracefully, if there is any such way. I didn't start out to offend anyone, I only wanted to know the truth and I always investigate, if it's something that matters to me, which this does. So if you tell me you work at Alpine or you are an Alpine dealer, well, I'm going to verify it, simply because I hear that all the time, more often, then not... If someone wants to talk with me I try to be approachable but I take words seriously, if your brand new or if you own alpine, I will treat you with the same respect, just don't lie to me, I hate that. That's all. Just don't lie.

·
Registered
28 Posts
<Since you're bringing it back again, did you contact JIM WALTER like I <suggested? He even posted in the thread...

<Seems like you have a lot of time on your hands and suggest you give Alpine <USA a call...

<Kelvin

As I said Kelvin, yes, I contacted Alpine and they said saladfingers is not a dealer and I did contact Jim and ask him for his work information and he never responded...

Thanks, Falcon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kelvin, this is the only post I see from "Jim"-

>Hi Falcon,
>I have no idea what you are saying about the Nav20 being a knockoff. This is a >product designed, manufactured and marketed by Alpine as an expeditor >version of the INA-W910. They are 99% identical and all parts including the >harnesses are interchangeable between them.
>Jim - Alpine

Unless your talking about another thread that I'm unaware of. He never contacted me with his work number or I didn't get any email if he did...

41 - 60 of 81 Posts