DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Just to save you some time searching, he responded in this thread on page 2.
Hi Falcon,

I have no idea what you are saying about the Nav20 being a knockoff. This is a product designed, manufactured and marketed by Alpine as an expeditor version of the INA-W910. They are 99% identical and all parts including the harnesses are interchangeable between them.

Jim - Alpine
And before you call him a liar, here's a few links that came up on google about him working for Alpine:
Jim Walter on Alpine Subwoofers, smwtms Captured on Ustream:SMWTMS Meeting 3/10/2012 Other Technology
SoundMan Car Audio - View Video Feed - Amplified episode 16 "Training Day" @SoundManCA
Jim Walter | LinkedIn
Southeastern Michigan Woofer and Tweeter Marching Society
PASMAG | PERFORMANCE AUTO AND SOUND - Power Trip

If you really want to know whether the INA-20 is a knockoff or not, YOU are the one that should send Jim a PM, not the other way around.
Ok he did reply in this thread, but he might not follow everything happening on this forum. He could be a very busy man too...

Kelvin

Edit: if Jim said the INA-20 is made by Alpine, I believe him

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kelvin, yes, I can see by the video that Jim is more then likely who he says he is. I sure would like to talk with him about the market being flooded with nav20s. In fact, I would like to pick his brain about a lot of things going on at Alpine. Like , why are the replacement parts for many of the speakers currently being sold like the SPX-17PRO already discontinued? It's crazy. But then Alpine has a crazy reputation. I remember buying the first Alpine all digital radio that went out the first week and Alpine instead of refunding the money just started sending me more radios, five in all. That was great, all my friends had new alpine radios and then a month later they were all mad because they all went out again. That must have been in 76? I don't know if Jim was even born then,, ha! And what happened to the $3500 SPX-Z17s? And look at the Alpines they have in Japan! I mean, who can make sense of it all? Yeah, I have lots of questions for 'ol Jim. I guess he knows that.. and so we get..silence.

Also, why does Alpine post specs and then the products when they arrive have different ones? Not upset, I still love Alpines but what's up with all that? Does Alpine think we can't read the specs?

Here is a cut and paste from Alpines website on the SPX-17PRO-

"Frequency Response: 35Hz - 60kHz"

Now, go look at your boxed set and it says "35hz - 40khz"

And this has been going on for years.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Please, no more rhetoric. If you are listed in the Alpine site as an authorized dealer then post the link from Alpine.com... it's that easy, end of games.

If Jim works for Alpine, let him send his contact information. I'll be glad to spend the time and contact him by phone and come back and post the findings.

<Nasty02M3
Alpines support website address is not "support.alpine-usa.com", it's "http://www.alpine-usa.com/support"

I only brought it up again because people keep challenging me on something I've already proven.

I'm not wanting to rub your nose in it, after all, you are the one who resorted to name calling and all that childish stuff. I'm only trying to get to the truth. That's all, I took the time to investigate your claims and they were false. So, just let it go... and that will be fine with me.

Anyone that googles alpine nav20 will see this posting and your bragging about being an Authorized Alpine Dealer and it only takes a minute to go to Alpine.com and see that you have lied to everyone here... so be a man, apologize and don't do it again and no one will think the worse of you. But to go on and on and on, well, it's egg on your face my friend, not mine.

And again, if I have missed the link, then post it.. we are all waiting...
Nobody here has questioned whether I can sell Alpine products legitimately except for you because they know I can. I know I can. I don't even care that I can as it isn't any special honer, I just can and have been able to for years. Bragging? Ha, not even close. That isn't anything to brag about. There isn't anything special about a shop that carries Alpine products. Brands that do indicate that the level of the shop carrying them is of quality would be like Focal, Morel, and Audison/Hertz. We are authorized dealers of all of those brands as well, and we ARE on those dealer locators because we are a direct dealer with them. In contrast, with Alpine as I said before, we are NOT direct with them. We are a distribution dealer, meaning we wouldn't be on the dealer locator. I told you how the industry works in that respect because I am IN the industry. It's clear that you are not, and just want to ignore the information and evidence being presented to you.

You are so insignificant that I don't even care if you (because no one else if even doubting it) believe me or not. I explained to you why we don't show up on the Alpine website and provided you with the information about the Alpine rep firm for the area including the phone number and who to talk to. I really just think that you are deliberately ignoring this avenue that I've given you because you have created a fictional, alternate reality where other people believe that your unproven, arbitrary claims are true. I googled it like you said long ago and as I wrote then, I didn't see anything that even hinted what you talked about and asked you to post links.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Saladfingers, just to be a sport and show no hard feelings I went ahead and googled as I said I did when we first started talking.

Here is the link-
Hello, I just purchased an Alpine Ina Nav20. The shop I bought - JustAnswer
So that's your "proof"? Really? One person asking a question because album art isn't showing up? That is weak dude, weak. There is far more evidence here in this thread that they are indeed the same than this one person asking a question. Give it up man, this isn't even fun anymore. Why don't you just call Alpine and ask them if they are the same?

·
Registered
28 Posts
>In contrast, with Alpine as I said before, we are NOT direct with them.

Well, it's about time. Thanks for clarifying that. That wasn't so hard now was it? Honesty always is the best policy. It's always easy to get carried away and it takes a big man to admit they lied. So, I'm proud of you.

·
Registered
755 Posts
>In contrast, with Alpine as I said before, we are NOT direct with them.

Well, it's about time. Thanks for clarifying that. That wasn't so hard now was it? Honesty always is the best policy. It's always easy to get carried away and it takes a big man to admit they lied. So, I'm proud of you.
Are you literally retarded? I explained that long ago. I think you should re-read this entire thread.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh yeah Saladfingers, I can see where you've called me many names, it's like dealing with a child, but that's OK, I love children. I was only hoping you could be a little more honest because it has been a little more trouble getting the truth out of you then it should have been but that's OK. Again, you are making progress and that's good. Just remember, never lie and then no one can call you out on it. Honesty is the best policy.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Oh yeah Saladfingers, I can see where you've called me many names, it's like dealing with a child, but that's OK, I love children. I was only hoping you could be a little more honest because it has been a little more trouble getting the truth out of you then it should have been but that's OK. Again, you are making progress and that's good. Just remember, never lie and then no one can call you out on it. Honesty is the best policy.
Ok stop.
Now you're just being a troll.
Three pages of everyone including admins trying to convince you of something I figured out on my own on page one and I don't even own Alpine.

Time to find a new thread.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'm really at a loss for words here. While I do think that you lack the capacity to understand this, I think the bigger issue is your unwillingness to accept what is being said.

In all seriousness, insults aside, READ THE FUCKING THREAD! I told you all the same stuff about the difference between a direct dealer and a distribution dealer. I never claimed to be on the dealer locator, and I never said that the shop was a DIRECT dealer. I said we are an authorized dealer, through dristribution. When I need to order an Alpine product, I call the local rep firm/distributor AVS (I said all this before, but since you still refuse to read it, I'll repeat it). If I have a warranty issue, I do the same thing that every other Alpine dealer does and send it in to the Alpine warranty center in Cypress, CA with a copy of the original purchase receipt from my store. I just did it last month with my D106 flip out and it was repaired under warranty at no charge (I still have the repair sheet with our store on it and no charge, if you'd like me to scan it).

Please, PLEASE stop this madness.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bret, I would have never posted a reply to that but as you can see he just wants to keep it rolling. Or, how did you say? Trolling?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not to stir all this up again but SOME of you seem to know what you are talking about...

I went into a dealer today looking to pick up an INA-W910 and was told that they also carry the IVA-NAV-20. When I asked what the difference was their sales guy told me that the NAV20 was a newer version, running better software and the most up to date maps. Is this a possibility or was he misinformed/misleading. I understand that these are essentially the same unit, but just wanted to know if there is any truth to his selling point.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
702 Posts
sure Jim, please PM me your contact information at Alpine and i'll give you a call, OK?
You are a dumbass. Eclipse did the same. AVN700 = AVN70D, AVN726E = AVN76D. You do know that Alpine, Eclipse, Panasonic & Pioneer to name a few supplies OEM radios to the auto makers? Some of the OEM radios would work with the BRANDED accessories with or without an adaptor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Falcon,

I have no idea what you are saying about the Nav20 being a knockoff. This is a product designed, manufactured and marketed by Alpine as an expeditor version of the INA-W910. They are 99% identical and all parts including the harnesses are interchangeable between them.

Jim - Alpine
Jim, I can verify that the Nav 20 is Alpine. However, I have to contest your statement about all the cables being interchangeable.
After Tesla Motors had to replace my 910 about 3 times, Alpine sent a Nav 20. The service guys spent over a day having to re-wire and modify for different cables.
And they sat on hold with Alpine support for over 90 minutes before giving up because no one would pick up the phone.
Plus, to rub salt in the wounds, it appears I now have a replacement unit with LESS features, as there is no XM radio anymore.

I really have not had a good experience with your company.

-Scott Weber

·
Registered
61 Posts
wow im glad im not the only one to get slammed by someone clueless who just didn't get the picture lol! i skipped through these posts and only took me 2 mins to understand that the nav20 was the same unit as the w910 just offered to car dealers(or whatever?) same as how winchester/remmington used to sell Sears guns and ammo that had Ted Williams or or something stamped/rebadged on them However we all know Sears doesn't make guns or ammo ect they just threw a famous sports name on it and resold the stuff!! or in audio world like PPi did for Crutchfield a long time ago!! not hard to figure out!! but ya i listed an amp forsale on an audio forum and once 1 person made a dumb comment 20 others joined in on the mob mentality and backed that dumbass up!! i was dumbfounded to say the least! site was Pheonix gold forum if you wanna checkout the most F'd up (heated battles) post i tried to sell a Pg Octane Le. on Pg Phorum(same user name btw!) and got 30 pages of idiot responses! just for what its worth its the most childish bunch of morons i've ever encountered on any type of forums!!! and i love Pg stuff!!! apparently there are no moderators on that site as a dozen members woulda got booted over that mess! just imagine arguing with 20 F16 falcons(atleast his coulda been excused as just not seeing whole picture?)but i dealt with straight up d^ckheads lol! if anyone tops my forum battle i'd love to read it!!! SERIOUSLY!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
awesome! thankyou so much to this thread

had no idea there was a renamed W910... had a quick look and bam, $100-$150 cheaper than the W910's have been going for..

excellent news given how hard it is to find a damn W910 right now! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a nav-20 I bought on Ebay for about 650.00 like 3 years ago It is a long project. So far I can not get the system set up to work. I have done the brake/ ebrake thing and reset it several times but just nothing happens. all I still get is the sound adjusting pages.
Is it possible I missed something or is this possibly a common problem?

61 - 80 of 81 Posts