DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my DVD player and I want a video bypass as well... does the PAC TR7 work... I read it works with then INA-900bt...?

Any info?

Thx

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yes, simple plug and play. It comes pre-programmed for Alpine bypass.

·
Registered
817 Posts
What does the pac TR7 do? I purchased a W910 & hope to install it next week..... didn't know if the TR7 is something I need??

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
for an alpine you have to apply the brake and then apply and release the hand-brake in the right order for the video to work on them (totally stupid) the TR7 simply give the alpine the correct sequence of signals on the "brake" and "hand-brake" wires to make it think you did it.

long story short, it unlocks the video :D

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I want to be able to unlock the video...but the TR7 has other uses also.
very true, it can be programmed for about 12 different modes, but only one can be used at a time.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I just want to be sure i'm understanding this, the tr7 is a bypass that lets you watch dvd's at any time.
that is one of the functions it can serve, yes :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Don’t all DVD head units have some sort of video lockout while the car is in motion?

If your state doesn’t have a direct law against watching DVD’s while driving they’ll probably hit you up with some sort of full time attention clause already on the books.

I have a TR7 so I can play concert DVD’s while driving. However, my Alpine 505 has an option to blank out the screen, which I use.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
didnt say it was legal, just possible ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts