DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
18,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following along the same methodology of testing that I do with the other test units, I've tested the alpine w505 and w910 units for comparison purposes.
Here are other tests:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/bikinpunks-product-review-forum/107814-pioneer-p99rs-pioneer-deh-p9-pioneer-800prs-testing.html
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/bikinpunks-product-review-forum/105710-alpine-h800-vs-h701-vs-audison-bitone-1-technical-comparison.html

I tested the CD source and the ipod source and plotted the results of each source between the decks.

The test was done with a power supply in line. Signal from cd and ipod routed directly in to my m-audio audiophile 2496 sound card RCA inputs on my PC via the headunit's "Front" RCA outputs.
iPod file was .wav format (lossless).


CD as Source:

Summary:


FR:


Cross-Talk:


Dynamic Range:


THD:


IMD:


Noise:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
Wow! With all the hype associated with the 910 I expected it to whip the 505's butt.

THe CD section on the 505 is nice. The IPOD seems pretty good but I would rate it a push.

It looks like the used 505s just got an increase in resale value.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,524 Posts
Erin, what ipod do you have? I'm willing to bet that the lineout from the dock into the aux in will measure better then the super duper "high quality USB input" :rolleyes:

(This is the usb idevice test results on the w910 correct? I'm comfused cuz I see "analog" on the description)
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
18,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wow! With all the hype associated with the 910 I expected it to whip the 505's butt.
me, too. the lack in resolution over the previous alpine unit is about 70% of the reason I'm sending it back. the other 30% is that the h800 flopped on me and without that, the 70% of the reason for getting rid of it became 100%.

It was most certainly a surprise given the fact that we were told here on the forum that the w910 was built with SQ in mind. Well, it may have a few crossover and t/a features, but the internals don't measure any better than the w505.... surprise, surprise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
me, too. the lack in resolution over the previous alpine unit is about 70% of the reason I'm sending it back. the other 30% is that the h800 flopped on me and without that, the 70% of the reason for getting rid of it became 100%.

It was most certainly a surprise given the fact that we were told here on the forum that the w910 was built with SQ in mind. Well, it may have a few crossover and t/a features, but the internals don't measure any better than the w505.... surprise, surprise.



No surprise to me! I could see the blow sunshine up their ass from a mile away..... ........................ right jimmy speaker boy.:rolleyes:








.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Any comparison if you connect them to a PXA-H900?
Any comparison to the reference 9965 or 7990?
Do you hear the difference in Dynamic Range?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
It looks like the used 505s just got an increase in resale value.
If anyone is looking for one, I have one available. PM me for info.

Is there a definitive answer on what signals are sent out through optical on the 910? Just CD? IPOD?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
kinda new here, i know this thread is kinda old.

so the w910 and h800 combo wouldn't work at all? i'm really having a hard time choosing between the w910 and w505 mainly because we all know w505 is kinda old compared to the w910
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top