DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just looking at Decks here with nav and 7inch display

What would the best choice between these two decks..

I like the smooth look of the Sony as its flat and has minimal exterior buttons and will look closer to factory vs the alpine with the bottom sticking out.. but that's my only preference right now would go either way depending on performance

Alpine INA-W910

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Sony XNV-770BT

In-dash Navigation | A/V Receiver with Navigation | XNV-770BT | Sony USA

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Hello, I am in the same boat also and someone suggested the Alpine one to me. I also like the clean uncluttered look of the Sony, but have not heard any reviews on it. Please let us know which one you end up choosing. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm guess no one knows the answer to this one . So i think after all my own research it seams that the alpine has a few advantages .. ie line out voltage 4 volts and the gps maps are free every year...

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I have decided to go also with the Alpine, but I am determined not to pay more then $800.00 for one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have decided to go also with the Alpine, but I am determined not to pay more then $800.00 for one.
Yep I think the Alpine is the way to go ,, not sure about the 800.. i found a W900 in my local bestbuy for 840 i think... not sure how much difference there is but that might be a good buy..

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I have an offer in for $800.00, they will have to respond by 3:00pm today. I refuse to shop Best Buy based on past dealings. Someone was telling me that the model before this one is actually better. I have no clue if this is true or not. I guess I will see.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I own the Sony 770bt. Ask me any question you have.

A few positives.
-I like the quick startup time.
-Easy to navigate interface
-Time alignment
-Tomtom works great when it works..

Negatives
- The interface isnt pretty like a kenwood, not really a negative as I like the interface. But some find it boring.
- There are major issues with the tomtom gps connectivity. Im not gonna go into details. But give this thread a read. Sony XNV-770BT GPS issues, anyone else? - TomTom Discussions
- Takes a few button press to get to the EQ and Bass adjustment

Its on sale at crutchfield for 599.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-P6FDghE7qvz/p_158XNV770B/Sony-XNV-770BT.html

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
It was on ebay as a bid for $848.00 my bid was for $800.00...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you don't need the optical output you could always look for a W900BT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts