DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 07 Eclipse with a previously installed Alpine ine s920hd. Car works great. The bluetooth with the console works and I can use most features. Navigation and GPS works fine. For phoning I can only send and receive calls (also can't use settings button for this area)

Previous owner said the console worked fine for him and I believe him because he preserved the rest of the car like new.

Any ideas on what's wrong?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Might be the parking brake lockout (not sure what it’s called). I used to have this head unit, it was really nice in my opinion. I ran mine with one of the parking brake lockout defeat doohickeys from the start, so unfortunately I don’t know how it functions without it. Check the manual and see how the parking brake lockout is supposed to be hooked up. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be the parking brake lockout (not sure what it’s called). I used to have this head unit, it was really nice in my opinion. I ran mine with one of the parking brake lockout defeat doohickeys from the start, so unfortunately I don’t know how it functions without it. Check the manual and see how the parking brake lockout is supposed to be hooked up. Good luck.
I know all about that ebrake/foot brake trick but I have tried it many times over correctly and it does not make a difference. Do you know any other way I could resolve this?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm not familiar with your unit but most alpines have a " defeat " button somewhere.
If this is engaged no eq adjustments are possible, so look for a defeat button somewhere
in the menu.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts