DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK Gentlemen, I got the these two unit sorted out! These two models that are sold in Asia Pacific region, seems like they will work FULL CAPACITY in the North American market. The FM tuner range is 87.5 – 108.0 MHz, the US range is 88 to 108 MHz. They play both NTSC/PAL DVD movies, you just have to select your country code. The country codes are listed in the OM.

Click on the link for the 511 OM. Go to page 32, DVD setup and read on. Then go to page 76 for the country codes. Page 82 will show the specs.

http://www.alpine.com.au/files/OwnersManuals/om_iva_d511e.pdf

So do we have any Australian memebers here who would like to help getting these units???

TokoSpeaker can you help?

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Nice! I was just about to PM some of our Aussie members to see about having one shipped over. Assuming the price doesn't suck too much ass.

Edit: Am I reading this right? You can leave the menus in auto??? I wonder if that essentially makes the unit region-free. I'm going to look for the D800 manual just to make sure it has all the same DVD options as the 511.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I was just about to PM some of our Aussie members to see about having one shipped over. Assuming the price doesn't suck too much ass.

Edit: Am I reading this right? You can leave the menus in auto??? I wonder if that essentially makes the unit region-free. I'm going to look for the D800 manual just to make sure it has all the same DVD options as the 511.
What I would like to do first, is have the unit tested to make sure. Once we find a source, we could send them a NTSC DVD for testing.

I wonder if we have enough people ready to buy. Could we approach a distributor from that region to get a good price??

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems the key thing to watch for the is what follows behind the model numbers. We would need the IVA-800E & IVA-D511E . Anyone that has an R behind the model number wont work.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately true! The Australian Dollar is worth more than ours.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd be interested in one of these, maybe two depending on price.

I'd love to get my hands on a D800, but in lieu of that, the D511 would be great as well!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope he can help on the price. The current conversion is $1840 for the D800... And I STILL want it

I PM him to answer in this thread. I am hoping he can get us a good deal.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea. I was quoted about $1500 when I asked at one point. Hellz no.

I would be a buyer at $1k USD, but anymore than that and I'm out.

Do you think if we get enough people on board we could get better?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dear Sir,

How many pieces or units that you are willing to buy?

Because i can make sure to reduce / save on shipping cost.

Please let me know the postal code for shipment, too.

Thank You.

Best Regards,

TokoSpeaker
Indonesia

·
Registered
144 Posts
Tomorrow, there will be a shipment for Mr. Kirk.

Perhaps, someone there can organize for group buy, this could be better to save more on shipping cost.

If possible, we could arrange the shipment altogether.

Any further questions, please don't be hesitate to contact me.
Email : [email protected].
Blackberry Pin : 261477E7.

Thank You.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Tomorrow, there will be a shipment for Mr. Kirk.

Perhaps, someone there can organize for group buy, this could be better to save more on shipping cost.

If possible, we could arrange the shipment altogether.

Any further questions, please don't be hesitate to contact me.
Email : [email protected].
Blackberry Pin : 261477E7.

Thank You.

There is one thing I would like to have done before I make a purchase. Would you be willing to do a video test? I can send you a Region 1 DVD to play in the unit. Then post pictures of the unit playing the Region 1 DVD. While the unit is NTSC compatible. I still want to make sure the country code works for Region 1 DVD's.

Do you have a PDF copy of the IVA-D800E owners manual you could post for viewing?

1 - 20 of 146 Posts