DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the Alpine IVA-W505 installed in my vehicle and it's been working fine for years. I recently decided to cancel my SiriusXM account and go the route of streaming audio from my phone instead. I had both working great, and then Saturday morning the Sirius service finally ended (as I had requested!)

Now whether it's coincidence or not, I can't get any audio whatsoever from my Alpine. Everything functions as it should (my Alpine amps turn on, lights illuminate, etc.) but I get absolutely no sound. I tried FM radio and my Nav as alternate sources of audio. It looks like it's playing audio like it should, but nothing at all comes out of my speakers.

Things I've tried:

1. Turning off the Alpine and pressing the small reset button on the front.

2. Disconnecting the 2 Sirius modules behind my dash (and hitting reset again).

Maybe something went bad to kill my audio, but I just think it's coincidental that this happened at the same time Sirius was shut off. I can't figure it out and have searched everywhere for answers.

Any more ideas? TIA!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Your Sirius subscription will have NOTHING to do with the other Audio sources.

If the only thing you changed was cancelling your Sirius service and all your Audio sources no longer work, then it sounds like the government has you on the ban list. You have been Red flagged my friend. Good Luck and God Speed!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem. BT and aux channels both look like they are working but there is no sound. If I turn up the volume really high I get a little buzzing from the speakers, and I've had sound come out a few times when playing around with the navi, so I'm pretty sure its just something within the HU. Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts