DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New hear but have been a browser for years. Figured would be the best forum to answer these questions.

Looking for a nice and reletivly cheep combo for a daily driver. For the last two years all I have ever used was my Ipod and my old head unit up and died a few days ago. I can get the 404 and 100 for less than $250 for the combo. Over all they look ideal. I'm running a three way set up 2-12s, 2-6.5s, and 2 tweeters from a 5 channel Hifonics amp (remeber daily so please don't bash the amp).

Guess my questions are:
How easy is the W404 to use as far as controlling the ipod?
Do you still get to use the two bands of eq from the W404 when the H100 is conected?
How well does the H100 work for running a 3-way active?

Any other thoughts about this set-up would be nice.

·
Banned
2,276 Posts
I have had the w404 for a while. I dont care for it. It does OK with the ipod but not great. The SQ is just fair, I have thought about adding imprint but I havent yet. The screen is hard to see in daylight also. I want to go up to the 900 as soon as I can. The good thing, most of the add on's work for most decks. The good thing, It doesnt clip through the RCAs but they are still only 2v

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the display is a issue I didn't think off. My gash kinda points the radio up and washes out most displays.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts