DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with the following setup in an 2004 Acura TL:

Alpine IVA-W505 with P1
Alpine PXA-H701 (connected to 505 both AI net and optically)
Alpine TUA-HD550, TUA-020XM, CHA-634, KCE-400BT
(2) JL 300-2, (1) JL 300-4, (1) JL 500-1
2 sets of Boston Z-6 (fronts are bi-amped)
Boston G512-44 subwoofer
Yellow Top Battery (0 guage to to Batcaps) Big 3 0 gauge grounding
(2) Batcap Model 400
Upgraded to a 180 Amp Alternator
Monster cables (400 series)

The problems are as follows:

1. There is the sound of pink noise form the system even when the gain are turned all of the way down. The noise goes away as soon as I turn off the 505.

2. The IVA-W505 locks up occasionally when changing from XM to HD or vice versa.

3. The output from the PXA changes everytime I start the car (low bass, heavy bass, no highs, excessive highs, etc).

4. An occasional whine in the audio system when accelerating (cannot recreate whine when car is not moving).

5. The HD reception is very poor even though I'm in the Wash DC area.

I have changed out the amps, swapped the Head unit, sent the PXA (s) to service and received a brand new one. Rewired the entire car for power and ground. Wire power from the Batcap instead of the factory power.

I apologize fro the long thred, but could affect my system the way I described above? I'm hoping that it is something pretty simple that is causing this problem.

·
Registered
322 Posts
From my experience the Alpine processor does not play nice with its own accessories. Try unplugging the XM, HD, and BT and see if it works okay on just the cd and USB through the 505. If it works plug them in one at a time and see when the problem pops back up.

·
Registered
206 Posts
From my experience the Alpine processor does not play nice with its own accessories. Try unplugging the XM, HD, and BT and see if it works okay on just the cd and USB through the 505. If it works plug them in one at a time and see when the problem pops back up.
This is the best suggestion.....run the 505 w/ nothing but the H701 hooked up to it and see what you get for noise....try the H701 w/ just the Ai-Net cable plugged in from the 505 - what do you hear? Are your gains set properly on your amps? Try just running the JL for your fronts - what do you hear? Cycle through each amp and see if it is the culprit......could also be your RCA cable from the H701 to your amps.

You need to spend some time trouble shooting and eliminating each piece one by one until you find the piece of gear giving you the "fits"

·
Registered
206 Posts
Cool, hopefully you are able to find the culprit....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts