DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Alpine KCE-400BT Bluetooth Unit and CDA-9857 Head Unit Problems

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SentraStyleEMW 
#1 ·
So I recently installed my CDA - 9857 HEAD UNIT in my 99 Accord and it works great. I also recently got the kce - 400bt and installed it as well. My problem: it won't connect to my phone. It won't pair. And it also overtakes my hu display with the word INTERRUPT and it won't clear unless I turn the car off then back on.
Here's what I've done:
I have the hu and Bluetooth Unit wired correctly; hu using a wiring harness and bt unit just as it is described in the manual. I have AUX set to OFF, INT MUTE set to OFF. I reset the hu, unplugged the AI-NET cable to the hu, turned on the hu, set INT MUTE to OFF, turned off car, plugged ai-net cable back in, turned car and hu back on, tried to pair with my phone, and on my phone it either says pairing rejected or problem connecting. From previous forums, this apparently is the solution. I've even tried pairing with car on but hu off and it still won't work.
If anybody has any suggestions on solutions, i would greatly appreciate it.
-Brian
Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Are you sure your phone is compatible with this adapter? I had the same issue. I swapped out the KCA-350BT to a KCA-400BT because of a high pitched noise when using the ipod on the 350. It turns out my phone isn't compatible with the new adapter. When it connects, it does like yours and just says interrupt on the screen and makes a ringing sound as if a call was coming in. It will not stop until I turn the bluetooth on the phone off. Mine is connected to a CDA-9887...but I don't see why that would make a difference. You can check this link to see if your phone is compatible. www.abt.com/documents/21933/KCE400BT_com.pdf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.