DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to get a Alpine PDX 4.100 for my Nissan 370Z with Pioneer C720PRS component fronts and a JL W6 8" sub. My concern is this amp a drag on my cars electrical system? Something that may cause a problem? I could get by with less power, like maybe an Alpine MRP-F300 50 rms per channel, but is the PDX a better route, being more a sophisticated Class D? Any experience with this amp would be appreciated. It uses a 60 amp fuse.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The PDX 4.100 shouldn't strain your electrical system too much. I also have the other Alpine you mentioned and IMO it's not bad if you can get it for a good price. I got it for $100 with my discount at BB. Since you're using a component set, you could bridge the channels and get some very decent power out of it. This would require a 2nd amp for your sub, though.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but the PDX will give you some headroom in case you want some extra power. If you go with the MRP-F300, you could pocket some money and use it towards a mono amp.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I own a PDX4.150 amp and a Hifonics amp and I have absolutely no power consumption/electrical problems in my Saturn ION so I can't see you running into any difficulties with your setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts