DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. It's been a long, long time since I've posted or been on the site. Anyways, I currently have a H800 installed in my 370z. It's only being used for subwoofer duty, as I never got around to hooking it up to the rest of the stock system. The imaging and volume have actually been really acceptable with the stock Blose while using my LG V30 as a source.

I just recently bought an 2010 Acura RDX as a second vehicle. Unfortunately, the stock system in it is very side biased, so much so that I don't even want to listen to it. I'd like to remove the H800 from the z, and install it in the RDX, but other than the processor and maybe adding a sub, I want to keep it completely stock (at least for now). This time though, I want to hook the H800 into the entire system. I know that I can use the speaker level inputs of the H800, but as far as the outputs go, I'm not quite sure what to do. I know there's rca to speaker wire adapters. Does anyone know if those could be used to plug the RCA outs of the H800 to the stock MDX amps, and have full control of the speakers?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The outputs of the PXA-H800 are low level. I don't know for sure but I do believe the outputs of your factory amp are high level. Course of action is to by pass the factory amp.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The outputs of the PXA-H800 are low level. I don't know for sure but I do believe the outputs of your factory amp are high level. Course of action is to by pass the factory amp.
Thanks for the response! I was kinda concerned about that, but I was hoping to avoid buying amps at this time. It'll be a while before I can afford the six channels of amplification that I "need".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts