DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3092 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the MERA Knowledgefest the last couple of days and a certain high profile Alpine employee was there for some of the trainings. At the end of one of them I asked when the new PXA-H701 was coming out. His response "soon enough". I about shit, because I was just kidding!!! After it was over, I approached him for more info, but he said he had already told me too much. Afterwards, I met him down in the exhibition hall and tried once more for some information. I got way more than I ever expected. Basically, it's going to be very similar, with some really cool improvements, in the same basic price range, and will indeed have an optical in. After he told me the optical part, I had to ask if that meant a resurgence in optical outs for the screens and/or head units. He told me that it wouldn't make much sense to produce a high end processor with an optical in and not offer a head unit with an optical out. It should also either include or have the option of a separate single din controller, much like the RUX-C701.

SO, there you go. I have a feeling that I'll be getting in trouble for this somehow, but I also feel like I should share this incredibly exciting news with you guys. I know there is probably a better suited area for this, but I wasn't sure what it was and because this section gets much more traffic, I thought it would be seen. Thanks, and I hope you are as excited as I am!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
WOW great maybe I will hold off on the MS8 and stick with the alpine setup.

(edit: This is in reference to a setup I posted on the DIYaudio page I will post a build log here when I am closer to completion)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
That great news! I'm happy to hear that they appear to be going back to putting out higher quality units, compared to what they have been putting out lately. That's coming from an Alpine fan.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I guess I can stop buying used H701's now. :D[/QUOTE said:
Nothing wrong with that. I'm still using mine, and I have a new ms-8 sitting in my spare room. The H701 is still my favorite processor.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Maybe the Bitone and the MS8 have kicked Alpine in the @$$ and are now taking the offensive to produce and put out something to match or rival their competition. I wish Alpine would go back to high quality products like the F1 line or similiar (i.e. CDA-7949 era). If, and when it does come out, hopefully it will be compatible with previous Alpine HU's......

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
This is good news especially considering they've done away with active capable head units.
I expect they'll release more info at CES in January. Any bets on whether we'll hear more sooner than that? :D

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
This is good news especially considering they've done away with active capable head units.
I expect they'll release more info at CES in January. Any bets on whether we'll hear more sooner than that? :D

considering the ms-8 thread on here was started 3 years before it was released i'd say that is a safe bet.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
considering the ms-8 thread on here was started 3 years before it was released i'd say that is a safe bet.
I don't think that is going to happen. I've been selling Alpine for years, and they are so secretive about upcoming releases that I know on more than one occasion I have had a CUSTOMER tell me about a new product. Be expecting to see it first quarter of 2011...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I talked to my sales rep in Toledo, He talked to Alpine and they wont know anything Firm until they meet in California in December for the Rep conference. It will likely show up at CES in January and we will see it in stores March and maybe as late as June.. I hope its sooner then that I am salivating at the news.. Although I do have to save up the money to buy one.. I am expecting retail at 700 real world around 600. On par with the MS-8

·
Registered
673 Posts
Well this is interesting news. I was just on the phone the other day with Alpine CS about another matter and I mentioned how I was really disappointed in Alpine for not offering a more user tweak-able like the H701 anymore. Or for that matter the fact that none of the new HU's having optical outputs. The guy said that's what the imprint modules were for :rolleyes:. Well obviously he just doesn't understand our mentality :). Anyway, I'm glad to hear the news except I just sent my H701 off to have Matt R modify it.

1 - 20 of 3092 Posts