DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

221 - 240 of 3092 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
:D Lucky me ... its a very early unit ... so a lot of functionality is bassackwards on it, but it gets the job done for now. I'm not seeing any notes for "graphics" in the Owner's Manual, so I'm going to guess it won't be in there. I'm a geek for the EQ or the VU meters as well :D

I'm in Product Planning at Alpine in the Audio / Sound System Business group. I did the M2000 2kW amp, KTP-445 miniamp, some Bluetooth stuff etc but my two things of merit lately were the new Thin subs and the 2010 Type R re-design.

Sorry your rep isn't doing it for you.. if you want, I can put you in touch with a regional manager in the area you could talk to about it? Keep names out of the thread please, just PM's in necessary.
any plans for a single din hu similiar to that of the dd?
im guessin 2012?

any plans for single din unit to work with the h800?

Jim, with that said............ Why did the North American market not get a verison of the IVA-D511R? Alpine*-*Mobile Media Stations*-*IVA-D511R. Some of us could really use a good single din with a sub-display.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Thank you everyone for the answers to my all of my long-winded questions!

I was curious about the USB connection because some USB iPod docks just take the Analog Line Out from the iDevice through the 31-pin dock connector.

USB connectors have 5 contacts (the outer metal plug casing and 4 internal contacts). Two contacts for +&- 5 volt power, and Three contacts for analog audio signal just like headphones...1 common (-) and 1 of each for L & R (+).

Or am I wrong? Wouldn't be the first time, LOL.
Nope, imposible.

Universal Serial Bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If a "USB" plug is somewhere inline between the iDevice and the headunit and IT IS THE ONLY plug that connects those two devices, then there is no way the audio interface can be analog since there are no pins to carry that type of signal (as can be seen in the pin diagrams in the link above).

If the inteface is something like Alpine Fullspeed where there is something other then a USB plug (ie the minidin plug on the headunit). Which are used for analog line out PLUS some type of data inteface to control the iDevice and display information about the music on the head unit display.

·
18,358 Posts
Jim, a couple questions that seem to get buried in this thread:

1. Are the crossover points 1/3 octave or something else? You mentioned pc setup...do we have the luxury to manually type in desired crossover points?
  2. With the parametric, what is the bandwidth (q) adjustable from?
  3. Are the crossovers L-R, BW, or none of the above?
  4. Do you guys employ the use of shelf filtering in this new processor?
  5. When a crossover is not used does it act as an all pass filter sans phase shift?
  6. You've mentioned the T/A increments are 0.05ms. Is that hardcoded to the software already? Is it at all possible to make the adjustments in smaller scale (ie: 0.02ms)? The reason I ask, is because some units I've used allow for more fine tuning here and I've found it to be quite useful.

Hope I haven't driven you nuts with the above. I'm sure I can think of more, but I'll shuttup for now. :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Heres another question for you, will my DVA-9861 be compatable with it, meaning will it funtion in much the same way it does now when hooked up to the h701, ie CD/DVD audio going over the toslink and all other audio sources such as IPOD/Tuner/CD changer be sent over the ainet and also will I still be able to control balance/fade/subwoofer control from the headunit?

·
Registered
72 Posts
... - in the car world is to put the Mobridge DA1000 on a compatible MOST car and feed that to the processor of your choice. Otherwise, with a digital in, you either have to go with a package where the head sends commands to the volume control inside the processor through a data bus (such as AiNet) or else use the volume control that the processor provides.
Even in your example of running digital into a Bit One and out to a Thesis (or Voce; or for that matter any digital source other than from a DA1000), you have to control volume ect through the DRC via the AC link cable.
Especially this is very interesting in todays cars!! MoBridge states that the DA1000 only works with the Bit1, but as there are this Alpine, the RF and other new Processors on the way, it would be very very nice to get some alternatives to the Bit1!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
CLK - I don't recall seeing where Mobridge says that the DA1000 ONLY works with the Bit1. I know they've said they worked with ElettroMedia to ensure the two would work together and thus capitalized on the popularity of the B1 (Matt Severaid at Mobridge was actually with EM USA prior to working at Mobridge; and EM USA's "parent company" distributes Mobridge).
As far as I can tell, the DA1000 puts out a variable digital signal (controlled by the radio's volume knob) and that's it...not sure how it could have any specific information tailored to the B1 (which has standard fiber and coax inputs) since it does not have any additional connections to it other than the TosLink. I suspect it would work fine with an Alpine, Zapco or any other processor with digital in. You should be good to go! And, if you do have a CLK63, the Mobridge piece should work for you to get digital into the Alpine (put one in a Black and it did great).

Savenlid- it has Dolby Digital and dts processing, so it can handle DVD bitstreams. Alpine is typically good about that.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Heres another question for you, will my DVA-9861 be compatable with it, meaning will it funtion in much the same way it does now when hooked up to the h701, ie CD/DVD audio going over the toslink and all other audio sources such as IPOD/Tuner/CD changer be sent over the ainet and also will I still be able to control balance/fade/subwoofer control from the headunit?
Anyone?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jim - sorry this is kinda off topic, but I'm just wondering if I'm witnessing the crest of a wave moving in my favour.

When I bought my F#1 status 9-series system for the outlandish price that it was, the marketing stated that IONbus was Alpine's revolutionary new technology that was replacing AI-net and would be compatible with future technology.

But it seems like it got completely pushed aside.

Are there any plans to reintroduce IONbus peripherals? Or was I the victim of wishful thinking from engineers? :D

·
18,358 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Jim, a couple questions that seem to get buried in this thread:

1. Are the crossover points 1/3 octave or something else? You mentioned pc setup...do we have the luxury to manually type in desired crossover points?
  2. With the parametric, what is the bandwidth (q) adjustable from?
  3. Are the crossovers L-R, BW, or none of the above?
  4. Do you guys employ the use of shelf filtering in this new processor?
  5. When a crossover is not used does it act as an all pass filter sans phase shift?
  6. You've mentioned the T/A increments are 0.05ms. Is that hardcoded to the software already? Is it at all possible to make the adjustments in smaller scale (ie: 0.02ms)? The reason I ask, is because some units I've used allow for more fine tuning here and I've found it to be quite useful.

Hope I haven't driven you nuts with the above. I'm sure I can think of more, but I'll shuttup for now. :D
Jim,
Answers to Bikini's questions would be greatly appreciated. Also, do the parametric filters allow you to choose any frequency, or do you have to choose from a set list?

Thanks!

221 - 240 of 3092 Posts