DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

281 - 300 of 3092 Posts

·
18,358 Posts
This port is for both tuning (PC Control) as well as FW updates. We will be offering some software updates in the future for this product with certainty. I know .. shocking ... it almost seems like we were listening to you guys for the past few years :D
took the words outta my mouth. ;)

I agree on the 'B' cables. Everyone has a printer they can steal the cable from. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi boys, already presented myself in the w910 thread.
Jim, how will the RoadEQ work?
I mean, there is the need of a microphone for that, isn't? will it be connected to the same input as the mic used for imprint settings?

Edit: forgot to ask... If I use cda 117 will I have the same controll features as would from w910?

·
18,358 Posts
Jim, the more questions you are, the more I'll keep asking. lol. ;)

Just curious... do you guys foresee the ability to make a tuning app for something like the iphone/itouch or even the ipad? As an owner of the iPad, I'd LOVE the ability to tune with this. The ipad does have a usb out via the camera kit that might work well enough to control the GUI of the h800. Not sure of any other compatibility pitfalls... just something I was wondering.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello Jim & All....

Now I have to put a question in also. Can the H800 handle a digital signal with different attenuation, for us that has an OE headunit with digital 44.1 Pre-out?

thanks.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Hello Jim & All....

Now I have to put a question in also. Can the H800 handle a digital signal with different attenuation, for us that has an OE headunit with digital 44.1 Pre-out?

thanks.
Are you referring to a MoBridge type digital preamp device for OEM MOST systems? It should work fine since the signal leaving those device is still a standard S/PDIF digital output which is compatible with the H800 and the only difference in them would be that the digital samples would have been divided by a given number in order to bring down the level of each sample equally.

That's why Mobridge calls it a preamp.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are you referring to a MoBridge type digital preamp device for OEM MOST systems? It should work fine since the signal leaving those device is still a standard S/PDIF digital output which is compatible with the H800 and the only difference in them would be that the digital samples would have been divided by a given number in order to bring down the level of each sample equally.

That's why Mobridge calls it a preamp.
Thanks for your reply.

But - yes and no. Not all processors work well with the Mobridge like solutions (eg. the 701), since they cant handle the digital signal when it is at a reduced sound level (16 bit problem), hence my question.

·
Registered
509 Posts
not sure if this has been asked, but can you play audio files via USB to the Proc?

id love to get my hands on a h800, but i think the pricing may be out of my league!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Jim, the more questions you are, the more I'll keep asking. lol. ;)

Just curious... do you guys foresee the ability to make a tuning app for something like the iphone/itouch or even the ipad? As an owner of the iPad, I'd LOVE the ability to tune with this. The ipad does have a usb out via the camera kit that might work well enough to control the GUI of the h800. Not sure of any other compatibility pitfalls... just something I was wondering.
I was just talking about this today with Steve and some of the installers ... the real answer to you question is sadly no. We'd love to have it, but since the communication must be done via USB ... it'd be complicated. You'd need to make a dongle that would authenticate with the unit, then received BT or WiFi signals to be controlled via an iPad ... plus you'd need an app.

Anyone with serious programming skills that actually believes they could do this ... PM me, we could pitch it to mgmt here. Chances are slim, but I'd push from my side to try for it.

Jim

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
I was just talking about this today with Steve and some of the installers ... the real answer to you question is sadly no. We'd love to have it, but since the communication must be done via USB ... it'd be complicated. You'd need to make a dongle that would authenticate with the unit, then received BT or WiFi signals to be controlled via an iPad ... plus you'd need an app.

Anyone with serious programming skills that actually believes they could do this ... PM me, we could pitch it to mgmt here. Chances are slim, but I'd push from my side to try for it.

Jim
Making a tuning app for iTouch/iPhone/iPad would be really strong point to sell more processor. Being the first one to do it is also a +

Kelvin

·
Registered
483 Posts
And Android and even Blackberry, as well.
Completely agree ... I just know its not in the cards on our side right now. Anyone with a solid idea, feel free to pitch it my way. I work in the Product Planning Group here - ie evaluating potential projects, technologies etc etc ... I'd love to hear from someone that thinks they could do this.

Jim

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Jim,
Thanks for all of your wisdom.
Could you please let us know :bowdown:to what extent the CDA-117 will be able to manipulate the h800 and if you can operate it without the controler?

Thanks for your help,
Gary

·
Registered
496 Posts
The H-650 was probably the worst car audio purchase I've ever made and, regrettably, soon followed by the second worst, the 9887 imprint combo.
From what I'm reading about this new unit it sounds like Alpine is finally getting it right but forgive me if I'm still a bit skeptical.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Holding off picking up a used PXA-H701 until more info on the PXA-H800 comes out.
This is a weird way to handle things IMO. If you need an audio processor now, get a used H701 and do your job until the H800 is out and available, then you'll get all the info you can get. Then you can make the change, without losing any money since I doubt the H701 prices will go down considerably, just because the new processor is out. Besides, the prices on the H701 are very good now.

281 - 300 of 3092 Posts