DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

3081 - 3092 of 3092 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, we know it. thx!

Let me say it by a other way...
We need a AUX INPUT DIRECTLY at the PXA-H800 (at EQ/Div -Mode).

does anyone have a firmware mod or so?

Thx to all!
1. No, there's no way to modify the firmware.

2. You cannot get AUX access any other way.

Please, re-read the responses from Bill and I above.

You have 4 options so far for getting an AUX input. 5 if you add using an analog-to-digital converter to send it via a TOSLINK connection with the head unit in CD mode.

If you absolutely must in only using the built-in AUX inputs, you'll have to disconnect the Ai-Net connection and use the RUX controller.

That's it.

What is the requirement for using ONLY the built-in AUX jacks?

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you just want another toslink input.. you can get a 2 into 1 optical toslink splitter pure o2o monoprice has a small switching device you could trick it. You mentioned the 5210 with ainet and the additional 2 rca connections.. I believe that is a work around for that unit to have true 5.1 surround??

All I can say is I have been down this road and with an ainet head unit you are actually limited in inputs available on the h800. If we knew exactly what you are trying to do perhaps we can offer a more viable solution that you may have overlooked. Curious.. why are you against the kca-410?? It easily gives you 2 sets of additional stereo inputs that can be selected from the ainet head unit... you could just ditch the ainet deck and use an iPad mini with toslink output, download an FM radio app, a good nav app, and lossless music files.. and use the rux as a stand alone controller.. the h800 has been out for almost 8 years now and I have not heard of anyone hacking or modifying its firmware, another option you may consider is using your stock head unit and a vpa-b2111 ainet hub.. it actually has full control of a pxa-h701 and can be integrated with your stock DVD nav unit and allows rear zone monitors etc... again I ask.. exactly what do you have, and perhaps there is a way to do it through your head unit and existing equipment... this forum is all about sharing information and helping .. but you limit the help you get if you leave out half the system layout. You may have overlooked something simple and easy.

·
Registered
266 Posts
hello BillC,

thanks, but sorry...
the one and only question is:
How can we additionally use one (or more) of the 3 AUX INs at EQ-Mode?
Plz, no other options... like KCA aso...

Thx!

b.t.w. ...

...this is little wrong!
the turned rca outputs into "additional inputs", after switch to eq/ div mode, goes DIRECTLY to the HU-Amps!
You NOT can use it like AUXxx input.

So you can use a PXA without external Amp :)
You are correct it puts the front and rear channels back into the deck. But it doesnt look the processors sub output to the decks sub output.. or you would have no output for subwoofers.. and on some decks the subwoofer output can then be turned on as an auxiliary input on the stereo itself. Each one is different. Some allow the decks subwoofer output to become an input and some do not. At least north American units do.. perhaps the units for Europe with the "R" suffix do not?? And in general the manuals are very vague. Have you spoken to alpine America tech support? They can be helpful at times

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, folks. I have a question regarding the equalization of my system. I have configured my speakers in 3 active ways and a subwoofer but I don't know if eq can be applied to each channel. (Tweeters, midrange and midbass) independently. I have only been able to apply general equalization to the components as a whole, i.e. take the left side (tw, midrange and midbass) and the same goes for the right side. It cannot be applied separately to each speaker ? Am I doing something wrong ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did it but it's not useful to select by driver independently. Only selects the left channel separately from the right channel (includes midrange and midbass tweeters).

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Hey, folks. I have a question regarding the equalization of my system. I have configured my speakers in 3 active ways and a subwoofer but I don't know if eq can be applied to each channel. (Tweeters, midrange and midbass) independently. I have only been able to apply general equalization to the components as a whole, i.e. take the left side (tw, midrange and midbass) and the same goes for the right side. It cannot be applied separately to each speaker ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Not on here very much anymore but ran into this post.

Anyway, assuming you are using GEQ, the best workaround to do this is to configure the H800 to 2-way, rear, sub(s). Don’t set up any sort of PL2 or rear fill processing however.

You would then physically hook up tweeters to ch1-2, midbasses to 3-4, then your midranges to 5-6, sub(s) to 7-8.

What this will allow you have is 31-band separate L/R for ch1-4, 31-band L/R for 5-6, and 10-band L/R 7-8. Since your tweeters and midbasses will be on the upper and lower bands of the 31-bands, there should be enough band separation that you effectively have them far enough apart in their crossover regions that you do not have overlapping bands. With your midranges on Ch5-6, they would have a dedicated 31-band L/R. And subs would have 10-band L/R.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had thought of this solution but I did not give it credibility as I thought it would be crazy. Hahaha

It is not understood that alpine has not given the 31 eq independently to each driver. What were they thinking?

Thank you very much for confirming what I thought

·
Registered
729 Posts
Anyone here have one of these for sale with the c800 controller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not on here very much anymore but ran into this post.

Anyway, assuming you are using GEQ, the best workaround to do this is to configure the H800 to 2-way, rear, sub(s). Don’t set up any sort of PL2 or rear fill processing however.

You would then physically hook up tweeters to ch1-2, midbasses to 3-4, then your midranges to 5-6, sub(s) to 7-8.

What this will allow you have is 31-band separate L/R for ch1-4, 31-band L/R for 5-6, and 10-band L/R 7-8. Since your tweeters and midbasses will be on the upper and lower bands of the 31-bands, there should be enough band separation that you effectively have them far enough apart in their crossover regions that you do not have overlapping bands. With your midranges on Ch5-6, they would have a dedicated 31-band L/R. And subs would have 10-band L/R.

Hope that makes sense and helps.
If you setup as 2 way front with rear fill and stereo subs, it will actually allow 31 band to a set of channels, so if you have a trouble area and need that much eq it is doable, plus by doing so it allows higher line level to that set of drivers.

3081 - 3092 of 3092 Posts