·
Registered
181 Posts
What is the dimensions of the H800?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey Erin,

I see the point there .. but but but ... the reality is, most everyone here will voice/EQ their cars at their preferred listening level. The tuning tweaking process is usually quite iterative in that we hear something we don't like and go back and tweak it. Rarely are we voicing at such quiet levels that we need to actively add in f-m (or any user defined) EQ to get it to sound the same at the higher levels. The only real variable is actually the environment .. most of us tune parked, without road noise. The RoadEQ attempts to eliminate that variable.

Just my take on things ...
Jim

·
18,542 Posts
I understand. You're really only pandering to a small crowd with that feature, but I definitely think it's a cool one. Just from a 'linearity' perspective, that's why I view something like dynamicEQ so beneficial.

It would be interesting to see how external pink noise or any external sound source might work to manipulare the RoadEQ. Maybe one could make an inverse of the desired curve and use that to shape the roadEQ curve???... No idea how RoadEQ works in this regard, though.
Not saying it's needed, but my mind is just wandering right now... ;)

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,946 Posts
Jim,

Maybe I missed it and please forgive me if I did, as i don't want the questions to be redundant by any means.

From looking over the screen shots and over the info very quick posted in this thread, can the new h800 output channels be configure like the below or anything in the below matter:

Channels 1-2: tweeter or wide-band

Channels 3-4: mid-bass

Channels 5-6: rears

Channel 7: center

Channel 8: sub-woofer

or more simple

Channel 5: center

Channel 6: subwoofer

Basically either a 2 way front stage with center/rears and subwoofer/s

or

2 way front stage with Center and Subwoofer.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Pictures of the guts would be great, also how about power requirements? I'm figuring 20 amps tops?
Power consumption is much lower than that .... Like 3A tops. I don't have my computer with me. I'll look it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jim, I've just seen the software pics and now I have another question!
I might have lost something in this thread, but from what I've seen in the second pic, we'll be able to do a full 11ch. eq?
So this mean I can control independently a 2way kit in the front and in the back?
Or even a 3 way in the front and a full-range in the back?
That sounds wonderfull!
Am I correct? anyone can answer, surely!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Jim, I've just seen the software pics and now I have another question!
I might have lost something in this thread, but from what I've seen in the second pic, we'll be able to do a full 11ch. eq?
So this mean I can control independently a 2way kit in the front and in the back?
Or even a 3 way in the front and a full-range in the back?
That sounds wonderfull!
Am I correct? anyone can answer, surely!
8CH of EQ, there are only 8 outputs. 31 Band x6CH + 10 Band x2CH (Sub)

You could to 3-way in the front and full range in the back, using the Sub channels to run the mid-bass/front subs and CH5/6 for the rears. Full EQ on all channels, all independently time aligned and balanced.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Random question---what prompted a release in the US before other countries? Typically Alpine Japan released a product almost a full year in advance before it comes to the US.

SO why here 1st?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Random question---what prompted a release in the US before other countries? Typically Alpine Japan released a product almost a full year in advance before it comes to the US.

SO why here 1st?
I've seen this posted here before, and its simply untrue ... can you name a specific product that was released in Japan before it was here?

We launch in the US and Japan at the same time for common products, while the rest of Asia and (sometimes) EU have to wait until we fill in our channels a bit before they get theirs.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Jim,

Maybe I missed it and please forgive me if I did, as i don't want the questions to be redundant by any means.

From looking over the screen shots and over the info very quick posted in this thread, can the new h800 output channels be configure like the below or anything in the below matter:

Channels 5-6: rears

Channel 7: center

Channel 8: sub-woofer

or more simple

Channel 5: center

Channel 6: subwoofer

Basically either a 2 way front stage with center/rears and subwoofer/s

or

2 way front stage with Center and Subwoofer.
Yes.

Your system options on the opening setup are as follows:
Front 2Way + Rear + Sub
Front 3Way + Sub
Front 3Way + Rear
Front 2Way + Rear + Center + Sub

321 - 340 of 3104 Posts