DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

361 - 380 of 3105 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hey Jim, how about those pics of the guts?

Not sure if it's already been discussed but, what dsp chip and dac chips are in the new piece?

Matt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Doubt it. Remind me on Monday and I'll call to out alpine Europe offices and ask what their plan is. Where are you specifically ?
Hey Jim, do you know about Switzerland or Germany?
I live in Brazil and we're actually without a organized alpine representative, by april I'll be at Basel, Swizterland and Colone, germany, if I could buy it there would be great!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey Jim, how about those pics of the guts?

Not sure if it's already been discussed but, what dsp chip and dac chips are in the new piece?

Matt
Quad (4) Wolfson K-Rank 24-bit Sigma Delta D/A's
Dual (2) 32-bit floating-point DSP's

Edit - added a pic of the DACs I got from Japan. I can't say its final as the sample that is broken here has rivets to hold it closed!

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey Jim, do you know about Switzerland or Germany?
I live in Brazil and we're actually without a organized alpine representative, by april I'll be at Basel, Swizterland and Colone, germany, if I could buy it there would be great!
Alpine Latin and South America ship out of here in Torrance, so I'd imagine you'd be able to order as soon as we have them. Alpine Europe is scheduled to be right behind us though, so you'll be good either way.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Jim-
with regards to tuning- did you retain the "bass focus" feature, where you could adjust time delays on more than one driver at a time?

Similarly, can you switch between adjusting more than one output channel's EQ simultaneously and then individually, without losing or overwriting what has already been done to a given channel? AudioControl allows this, yet so few other DSPs do.
Thanks!
I can't do it on the software I have here, as it keeps crashing as I try and select more than one channel. That said, my build is from Sept ... since the latest Jan build won't load right now. I'll have to double check with Japan to be sure of the real answer for you.

Jim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Alpine Latin and South America ship out of here in Torrance, so I'd imagine you'd be able to order as soon as we have them. Alpine Europe is scheduled to be right behind us though, so you'll be good either way.
Jim, I know it's really off topic, but do you know anything about brazil's representative?
Last time I called them they said they wouldn't be importing alpine so soon.
Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jim, just a tad off the topic here, but I just found the Car Audio magazine article about the Camaro with the 910/H800 system at CES. Will that car be making the rounds in the US at all? Is there a schedule, if so? I'd love to see/hear it in person!

I'm also curious about the kickpanel work--was there a lot of extensive work required behind the cutout to make room for the 8", or is there a good bit of space in that part of the Camaro body?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Jim, just a tad off the topic here, but I just found the Car Audio magazine article about the Camaro with the 910/H800 system at CES. Will that car be making the rounds in the US at all? Is there a schedule, if so? I'd love to see/hear it in person!

I'm also curious about the kickpanel work--was there a lot of extensive work required behind the cutout to make room for the 8", or is there a good bit of space in that part of the Camaro body?
It will be making it's rounds like may of the past demo vehicles have. All of the details are being worked out this month so I should have a schedule by March-ish. I know its heading to DUB LA in march and Camaro5Fest in April so far bit there are a lot of other shows on the plate right now that are being decided on.

If you're ever in LA I would be happy to demo it, same goes for anyone on here ... You just have to bring me sone Kings Hawaiian! :D. Just kidding ... But I'd eat it if you brought it lol

Regarding the kicks, they were quite a bit of work. Those are 1/4" plate steel enclosures welded in and seam sealed in there .... About 0.15ft per sub and they sound great in there w ~350-400w each off the sub channel on the new V60 amps.

·
Registered
675 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
So would I now be able to walk into an Alpine dealer up here in Toronto Canada and pre-order this unit?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Jim , judging from the screen shots, pc software is able to control master volume/balance/sub so should I be excited that it is almost confirmed that a car pc has full control of H800?!?!?!?!?!
Don't know for sure. I know that we just got two new samples and rux's here last night so I'm pitching to let them have me install and test it in my Jeep ... I'll report back w the results ...fingers crossed

361 - 380 of 3105 Posts