DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3092 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
What I heard from some guys who talked to Steve Brown at MERA it really wont be much like the H700/701 at all. Its an upgraded version of Imprint that fixes many of the auto tune features that the original version has. It will have some, but limited ability for the user to make fine adjustments.

·
Registered
673 Posts
What I heard from some guys who talked to Steve Brown at MERA it really wont be much like the H700/701 at all. Its an upgraded version of Imprint that fixes many of the auto tune features that the original version has. It will have some, but limited ability for the user to make fine adjustments.
So much for that :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Although I'd love to get my hands on a PXA-H700/1 replacement just for the sake of it, you guys have to understand that most people DON'T care to tune the car themselves, we're a minority in the car audio market.

Let's not forget that the H700 did have auto-EQ and auto-TA, as did most upmarket Pioneer units, as did the F#1 (both generations). Did they work? Did they f*ck. Nowadays though, with modern algorithms, readily available chipsets and careful software design, it's much easier to auto-tune (and sound right). The Audyssey software found in Imprint, Audison's implementation in the BitOne and the DSP/Logic7 in MS-8 are all great examples of that. Some may be more capable than the others, but they all share the same basic concept.

Let's hope I'm 100% wrong though, and the new Alpine processor, aside of its auto features, has an all-out manually tunable environment. :blush:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Interesting, that is not the impression he gave me at all. He was very apprehensive about divulging any information and everything I wrote was pretty much me saying/asking and him responding. He didn't really volunteer a ton on info. I guess we wont know what it's going to be until it's out or at least announced, so lets just keep our fingers crossed for the picture that was painted to me!!!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Maybe the Bitone and the MS8 have kicked Alpine in the @$$ and are now taking the offensive to produce and put out something to match or rival their competition. I wish Alpine would go back to high quality products like the F1 line or similiar (i.e. CDA-7949 era). If, and when it does come out, hopefully it will be compatible with previous Alpine HU's......
Considering processors account for about 1% of the market I doubt that MS-8 and bit one sales have caused them to come out with something new. I think it may be the fact that the imprint processor, which is great in theory, works poorly in real life.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Interesting, that is not the impression he gave me at all. He was very apprehensive about divulging any information and everything I wrote was pretty much me saying/asking and him responding. He didn't really volunteer a ton on info. I guess we wont know what it's going to be until it's out or at least announced, so lets just keep our fingers crossed for the picture that was painted to me!!!!!
I'll put it to you the way I was told by someone who works for another company who has a great processor coming out . hopefully next year.

When a company like Zapco or Arc Audio or any smaller company releases a new product and they get 2000 in sales in a year-thats awesome for them.
A company like ALpine Japan releases a product and they dont get near 2000 in sales a quarter--that means it gets discontinued.

There is virtually no market for processors like the H700/701, P9D9, Bitone etc...in the good ole USA.
that stuff simply doesnt sell bc the average and even above average consumer has no clue on how to tune a car.

but Products like Imprint, and MS8 that can make a big improvement in sound for not a ton of money does have a market.

Another pretty easy way to tell is look at the international websites.
Alpine has nothing on Alpine Japan's website about a new processor even close to the H701.

I had my H700 a full year before it was released in the US bc I had my mom in Japan ship it to me. It had already been out for a half a year in Japan when I got it.

I would be VERY surprised if any Japanese company released a product in the US before releasing it in Japan 1st.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
huh, apparently my source was wrong...

I dont see a much if any differences between the original and new version

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Bump for any news from CES on this?