DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

401 - 420 of 3092 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi jim

what do you think of 9887 and h800 combo?

upon setting and tuning the h800 on laptop done when i want to fine tune it can i use my 9887 "the 9887 procesing capabity"? with out changing the set up i made from h800 via my laptop?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Forgive the real quick HiJack but while you all are waiting for the H800 will somebody in Japan PLEASE bring me an X088!!! Apparently this HU has the H800 built into it and then some. Damn where's Steve Browns number when you need it?
I'll fire one up this week to be sure, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't. One thing is for sure, that deck is a beast

·
Registered
483 Posts
Jim, can the software GUI be resized for use on both standard sized displays and net book sized displays? The bit one and zapco software both are a fixed resolution and do not allow for a native fit to net book so the user has to stretch out the net book resolution and then scroll the entire window to see all DSP options. Kind of annoying... Just wondered if you guys allow for the h800 software to all fit within both types of screen reolutions.
Make sense?

Also, you got pm.
It is fixed resolution. Here is a shot of it at 1280x800 on my laptop. Something neat about this is that it is tiled ... so, if you've got a nice 1680x1050 or larger display, you can tile the windows and tune between windows (like TCR and PEQ) while seeing everything at the same time. Unlikely for most shops, I know .. but 22" displays were like $100 during black friday, so you never know.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
hi jim

what do you think of 9887 and h800 combo?

upon setting and tuning the h800 on laptop done when i want to fine tune it can i use my 9887 "the 9887 procesing capabity"? with out changing the set up i made from h800 via my laptop?
If you plan on connecting via the RCA PreOuts to the 6CH RCA Inputs on the H800 ... then you are good to go. You'll get the tweakability with the 87 on the front end, with the bulk of the tuning going on in the H800.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you plan on connecting via the RCA PreOuts to the 6CH RCA Inputs on the H800 ... then you are good to go. You'll get the tweakability with the 87 on the front end, with the bulk of the tuning going on in the H800.
thats good to hear! will just wait for the release here thx jim! oh another can the old d300 handle the h800? like the h700,i mean can the d300 control the h800?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Jim, can you advise on the dimensions of the H800?

·
Registered
13 Posts
What about CDA-117?
Will the use of h100 + h800 do any good?

·
18,358 Posts
It is fixed resolution. Here is a shot of it at 1280x800 on my laptop. Something neat about this is that it is tiled ... so, if you've got a nice 1680x1050 or larger display, you can tile the windows and tune between windows (like TCR and PEQ) while seeing everything at the same time. Unlikely for most shops, I know .. but 22" displays were like $100 during black friday, so you never know.
Okay. Not prime use for a netbook, then, unless one resizes the netbook's window itself. Not a huge issue, but I was just hoping there would be a way to change the native resolution of the program itself rather easily.
It may not seem a big deal, but if you guys ever consider a software upgrade, that's one I'd be investing time in, personally. While it may seem arbitrary, you find it quite cumbersome once you actually plop the software on to a limited resolution computer such as a netbook. Netbooks are being used a lot now for DSP and RTA use due to their portability. It's nice to squeeze everything in to one screen and control all the feeatures like that rather than scrolling.
Then again, I'll just have to see what features you "lose" when the GUI is cropped on a netbook display (typical res @ 1024x680). The audison software chops off the EQ sliders. Maybe your software is only clipped in an area that might not be necessary for certain tuning. I'll just have to wait and see myself, though, how it looks on 1024x680.

Thanks for the answer.

- Erin

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Okay. Not prime use for a netbook, then, unless one resizes the netbook's window itself. Not a huge issue, but I was just hoping there would be a way to change the native resolution of the program itself rather easily.
It may not seem a big deal, but if you guys ever consider a software upgrade, that's one I'd be investing time in, personally. While it may seem arbitrary, you find it quite cumbersome once you actually plop the software on to a limited resolution computer such as a netbook. Netbooks are being used a lot now for DSP and RTA use due to their portability. It's nice to squeeze everything in to one screen and control all the feeatures like that rather than scrolling.
Then again, I'll just have to see what features you "lose" when the GUI is cropped on a netbook display (typical res @ 1024x680). The audison software chops off the EQ sliders. Maybe your software is only clipped in an area that might not be necessary for certain tuning. I'll just have to wait and see myself, though, how it looks on 1024x680.

Thanks for the answer.

- Erin
WOOT... Out of topic but you're a Mod now? :D

Kelvin

·
Registered
483 Posts

Thanks for the answer.

- Erin
I think I misunderstood you before. That resolution I was showing was on a 1280x800 screen and you can see that it is quite a bit smaller than that. I think it'll be perfect for netbooks as the actual resolution of the PC Software is right about 1024x600. Here are two screen caps of my screen resolution set at different settings to show the fitment for you.

Height to 600 pixels to show the fitment (so 680 vertical will be perfect)

Width at 1024 - a perfect fit widtwise

Last one is a 1680x1050 display (Samsumg 2253BW) with 4 windows tiled on the screen, showing how you can how almost all of you info on the screen simultaneously.

As I said before, this is beta software .. so small details may change, but I'm pretty certain we've got a great setup for portables/netbooks here.

Attachments

·
18,358 Posts
I think it'll be perfect for netbooks as the actual resolution of the PC Software is right about 1024x600. Here are two screen caps of my screen resolution set at different settings to show the fitment for you.
That's excellent news! I'm pumped. Seriously... I wanna go run laps outside now just to get the excitement out. ;) :D
I understand what you mean about putting all 4 "major screens" (as I'll call them) on the same view pane. I think for an initial setup, that's great. IE: At my house, I would use my 22" samsung to set up the basics. Then, for finer tuning inside the car, I'd use the netbook.
I really like what you guys have done here, regarding this. I think that is a great move for the user-friendly/tuning-friendly environment.

BTW, you've got return PM.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Netbook will be perfect then as I have one strictly used for running EFI live in on my Duramax and LS Vette engine, trans, etc....., I plan to have the processor in both rides:):)

Rick

·
Registered
604 Posts
stoopid azz question here..
does this replace the imprint?? or is a modified imprint on the way too?
I have a 305s but cant use the imprint because the bass/mid bass crossover freq is limited to 200hz, so if I want to do a front only 3 way active system. at say 0-700, 700 - 5.6K, 5.6K up the imprint won't do it.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
stoopid azz question here..
does this replace the imprint?? or is a modified imprint on the way too?
I have a 305s but cant use the imprint because the bass/mid bass crossover freq is limited to 200hz, so if I want to do a front only 3 way active system. at say 0-700, 700 - 5.6K, 5.6K up the imprint won't do it.
It comes with an improved version.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/1197707-post75.html
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/1209386-post262.html
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/1209389-post263.html
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/1209396-post266.html

·
Registered
46 Posts
401 - 420 of 3092 Posts