DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 3092 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Even if it's 4 outputs it's still very limited in it's eq according to the pic. Is it auto T/A or can it do manual as well? The pic of the mag is very discouraging.
Well, I took a better look at the magazine. You may not be able to see it in the pic I posted, but there is a DTS and Dolby DD logo up at the top corner of the unit. That would tell me that it at least has a center channel out, right? The only thing it says it "User Customization" which could mean anything. I would imagine that if the 910 already has manual 7 band eq, T/A, and crossovers, that the ones on the H800 would be more extensive.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry guys, no Alpine booth at the show. They only had meeting rooms and I doubt I was on the invite list.:( However Cadence had a 36" aluminum speaker, hung on a cherry picker.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
509 Posts
yes that does look like a nice feature.

I was actually thinking of having another EQ preset when driving with the h701

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I zoomed in like a MF and i looks like:

-New ImprintEQ signal tuning technology
-RoadEQ processing (can't make out the other stuff)
-6 ch high/low voltage inputs for both OEM and aftermarket installation
-4 x (something) 24 bit (something) D/A converter
-2 x 32 bit floating (something) DSP
-8 (I think 8) channel full range 4V pre outs
-2 x optical input (INA-W910 AND older 160G AppleT TV optical in!!!!)
-S/N 105db/110db (Analog/digital)
-165 (or 105?) band Graphic EQ or 65 (or 55?) band Parametric EQ

also under the display (which is quite nice looking) it looks like it has to be used in all systems for full control, even Ai-Net and that to Imprint you have to connect a PC.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hi Guys,

A few quick corrections on things.

Fully Manual Tuning built-in ... a la F#1 Status and H701
Dual Optical Input + Ai-Net Input + Ai-Net Aux
Ai-Net Connection to INA-W910 - Preset, Sub Level and Balance/Fader

Tuning is done via the new RUX or the PC Software

6CH Input (RCA or SPK Input - Up to 10V Input) / 8CH Fully Active Output (4V Output)
- In fact, our CES Demo Car is running an 8CH Active 4-way setup w 2x1" TW, 2x5" Mid, 2x8" Front Sub, 4x12" Rear Subs)

Improvements over the H700:
Huge Signal-to-Noise Improvement - 110 Digital / 105 Analog
Increased Channel Separation - 90dB
Significantly More Powerful Manual Tuning
(+/-12dB for all bands vs. 9dB)
10 Band Parametric for Front Rear and Center (vs 5)
5 Band Parametric for Sub (vs 2)
Includes ability for 36dB XO Slopes
-24dB to 0 Level Control (vs -10dB)

Yes, it has ImprintEQ built in, however this is a totally new tuning process compared to the previous Imprint It is significantly more detail in its resolution/measurements, especially in the mid and LF range. This allows us to tune that area with a lot more detail and accuracy. On top of that, you guys will be able to choose from 3 Alpine defined target curves, as well as set your own target curves (drag and drop in the PC software) to auto-tune to your tastes. You'll be able to tune to your taste, either by full manual tuning, auto-correction or auto-correction + your own manual turning.

It is designed to work in both OEM and ultra-high end AFT system, with the ability to manually or automatically to satisfy pretty much any tweakophile.

More to come later ... :D

Jim (from Vegas)

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Hi Guys,

6CH Input (RCA or SPK Input - Up to 10V Input) / 8CH Fully Active Output (4V Output)
- In fact, our CES Demo Car is running an 8CH Active 4-way setup w 2x1" TW, 2x5" Mid, 2x8" Front Sub, 4x12" Rear Subs)

Yes, it has ImprintEQ built in, however this is a totally new tuning process compared to the previous Imprint It is significantly more detail in its resolution/measurements, especially in the mid and LF range. This allows us to tune that area with a lot more detail and accuracy. On top of that, you guys will be able to choose from 3 Alpine defined target curves, as well as set your own target curves (drag and drop in the PC software) to auto-tune to your tastes. You'll be able to tune to your taste, either by full manual tuning, auto-correction or auto-correction + your own manual turning.

It is designed to work in both OEM and ultra-high end AFT system, with the ability to manually or automatically to satisfy pretty much any tweakophile.

Jim (from Vegas)
thanks for clarification. biggest question--can you use a non-alpine head unit with it without ridiculous floor noise? or without having to use the controller for volume?

·
Registered
483 Posts
thanks for clarification. biggest question--can you use a non-alpine head unit with it without ridiculous floor noise? or without having to use the controller for volume?
You're welcome!

HU - Yes, the Analog Input side is significantly improved vs the H700.

Volume - No, the volume is controlled either via Ai-Net of via the RUX

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
You're welcome!

Volume - No, the volume is controlled either via Ai-Net of via the RUX

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad::mad:

thanks for the info tho.

Is volume controlled just like on the H-700? Where you set the Head unit volume and then use the RUX to control it? but really you can just turn up the volume on the RUX and use the head unit volume anyways?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi Guys,

Jim (from Vegas)

So, if I want to run a 5.1 system. I will still have to use the bitone to run a 3 way front active.:disappointed: :disappointed:

·
Registered
483 Posts
So, if I want to run a 5.1 system. I will still have to use the bitone to run a 3 way front active.:disappointed: :disappointed:

I don't see how you're doing that right now with 3-way front active, plus the need for Center, RL, RR and Sub ... by my count thats 6+3+.1 ... there's 8CH of output on the BitOne, no?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I don't see how you're doing that right now with 3-way front active, plus the need for Center, RL, RR and Sub ... by my count thats 6+3+.1 ... there's 8CH of output on the BitOne, no?

Full range front from PXA-H800 into bitone. Thats what I was doing with the IVA-W505 & PXA-H701.

61 - 80 of 3092 Posts